1.27 App crash

I seem to run in to app crashes often when I attempt to enter the ship builder. I usually enter the ship builder from the deployment screen. I’m not sure if it happens from the main menu. It has happened to me on both my laptop and my desktop, so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the actual system. Both are Vista 32-bit systems, and both have the game loaded from Steam. Both are patched to 1.27. Neither has the DLC loaded.

I crash in 1.27 when trying to change races.

Are there any error messages with either of these crashes? The game saves all its errors here:

Program Files\Gratuitous Space Battles\debugdata\errors.txt

Same kind of problems.

Errors from the log for the last few days:

7/12/2009 - 8::39 - Untranslated HRESULT
7/12/2009 - 8::39 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed

7/12/2009 - 19::28 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\GUI_TitleBar.cpp,linenum:25,build:Full 1.26
8/12/2009 - 8::22 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\GUI_TitleBar.cpp,linenum:25,build:Full 1.27

8/12/2009 - 18::16 - D3DEngine Restore Failed
8/12/2009 - 18::16 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

Multiply these by like 50 or so to get an idea of why my error log actually looks like.

mine says

9/12/2009 - 21::55 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\GUI_TitleBar.cpp,linenum:25,build:Full 1.27

mmm exept from the time it looks exactly like the one in the middle of the post above here there so this is what I believe is the bug when changing races.

yeah, i don’t know the problem with the race-changing thing. it just randomly happens to me. i’m not really bothered by it, because i just quit the game, play it again, and i’m the race i wanted to change to.

true, but it is a problem of game ending proportions :wink:

Thanks, so it looks like the titlebar stuff is to blame. I shall investigate, this is very helpful. For some reason I never encounter it, which makes it harder to find than normal…

Hello,

Adding my $0.02… Crash on “Ship Design” on the top level, or on “Design a Ship” on the battles menu. 1.27 and I don’t get an error.txt file.

Now, I did just come back to this game after a few days and couldn’t remember which ship was what, so I deleted them all before starting design anew… might this be my problem?

-Les

I dont think that is the problem as more of us have this crash, we didnt have this in 1.26 , weird ^^