2nd Modding Contest - And the winner is...

Yup, a nasty bussines recently with all that supposed ‘war on priacy’. I’ve learned of it all only yesterday, and in part thanks to Lonestar and Kemp. Thx
I found this to be quite interesting: static.thepiratebay.org/legal/sopa.txt
If this will go on for too long they will ban Praetors for making ships in his mod use the same kind of yellow and green which were used in some movie ten years ago :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, where did we took this bioship parts from??? :wink:

Sry for the offtopic again, Praetors.

I have no problem, but there may others that yes… anyways, the BIOSHIP pack of sections was taken from Battleships Forever Forums, they were created by MACHINE, a “modder” of that forum. I asked for permission to use them and he agreed almost a year ago, he also told me that the sections are a compilation of “transformed” graphics that were taken from nothing less than The Zergs from Starcraft II. That is why i have to credit him and to Starcraft creators for making this contest posible ^^

I do have to say these ships are looking good! Keep it up guys!

Just in the day that i was going to send the contest to the hell cuz the apparently dissapear of many modders, the forum activity made a BOOM and started to recieve more and more PMs =D

AWESOME guys, i really appreciate your efforts, “you are doing it prefectly right!” ^^
Outstading designs people, keep it up! [size=50](wondering i we are going to be able to reach or even surpass the number of entries of the first contest ^^)[/size]

Also, entry 8 just appeared in our sensors, a whole swarm of them! Lauch all fighters, activate all flak cannons! Defensive protocols delta 9! Prepare to counter the enemy!

EDIT: The 2nd Destroyer makes his appearance in the contest scene, and it promisses lots and lots of…casualities. Entry 9 is up!

EDIT2:

Guys, i want to be sure of one thing…

[size=200]Remember to keep a .dds or another with alpha channel version of your entries! I will need them if you want to see your entries in the mod! [/size]

EDIT3: We have reached the good old two digits number of entries!. Entry #10 has been scanned, and it reveals that his stomach is empty!

#9 Scares me D:. And i was a good boy! I remembered to keep the original un-flattened and original file type so that my beasties can be changed easily! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehehe yeah, i hope to not see anything even similar to those monster in my whole life or i will surely have a heart attack!
also…

Entry 11 just made his horrible appearance in the contest, be afraid… this threat, this new race, is becoming more and more powerful…

The idea behind all of this is that PI is the Intelligence and The Plague (TP) is the Instict, counterparts ^^

Its incredible how many great design have made just some modders in a few days and i would like to know if:

Cstar
Forge
Cen2050
Lonestar
Ponyus
Magnus392
N3MESIS

… are going to participate? Would be awesome to see the result of your skills when applied to these new bioships =D

mmm As tempting as it is I might have to back out of this one as I have been kinda busy. But I might toss something together if there is time. How much longer you going to hold this for?

No more than 3 weeks, unless the number of entries per day still high to continue, or they stop coming, if the last one happens, the contest will be finished before.

13 & 14 are very cool! This is gunna be hard to dish out the cookies to so many awsome ships :frowning: They might eat them though so dont keep them to close! xD

Got a ton of work, but I should have at least one ship done over the weekend.

A quick Suggestion for when the contest comes to an end is that the ships might have scientifice names because they are biological. Zb)
ieiuniummorum (quickly made courtasy google translate(2 latin words glued together)) roughly fast death. I do not know the right method towards naming, i just felt it may be appropriate.

That is a cool idea . .

Another quick suggestion then:
Flavoredpickle should design a ship to match “ieiuniummorum” and enter it into the comp :slight_smile:
And any others that come to mind . .

challenge accpeted.

You will find the spare parts on the first post :slight_smile:
Remember, you can make more than one entry

The naming idea is a good one! I was looking for a way to make good scientific names for each creature, looks like flavoredpickle found a nice way to do it, thanks man ^^

Darkstar lol

I might whip something up. When is the deadline for new entries going to be?

Also, do you mind if I sharpen up some of these pieces so that they look better in the final version?

Is it okay for the hulls to not be formatted perfectly, as I am not so good at that?

At the moment the deadline has TBD.

What do you mean? File format or ship format?

Awwww… looks like the recent server migration that made cliff affected the forums a bit, looks like around 4 or 5 posts per topic are lost.

EDIT: I’ve recovered the entries 22, 23 and the 25 partially… I need to the author of the Entry 24 (the destroyer with A LOT of eyes) sending me again all the data and to the author of the last entry (26) sending me the description again. Sorry…