Suggestion: Defects should always be ‘fixed’ by the Reworks slot. It seems weird the Rework Slot workers would let a car leave the slot with an unfixed, known defect.
If the repair/fix is failed, the task time is instantly refreshed and completes an additional cycle, costing more more money and parts*.
*If there is a defect in a part, that part must/should/might need to be replaced. That part should be requested on the Resource Network. I don’t think the slot needs a stock component, but maybe it does?
- Bug?: I can’t drag straight Resource Conveyor line through the center of multiple slots. When I do, it creates a forces the line to one side of the Slot center or the other, along the line, then back to end square I want to end on. If I click individually I can place the resource lines through the center of Slots.
- Suggestion: Need a way to cancel a click drag of Resource Conveyor or Conveyor. If I start to build a Conveyor and change my mind, I cancel the build/purchase. I now have to drag back to the spot I started the click/drag on and build a single space, then Demolish the space I was forced to buy.
- Suggestion: I would like to be able to hold Ctl and click Buy All for upgrades and bypass the “Are you sure?” dialog. When I expand just a couple of new slots, it takes forever to do all the upgrades. This would help!
- Suggestion: Late game facilities. Once everything is researched, all there is to build is the Marketing and you can easily overdue how many Ideas you have.
- Suggestion: When clicking on a vehicle it displays the Vehicle Details. It would be helpful to see what slot the vehicle is heading to/needs next.
- Bug?: I use Conveyor loops where cars loop around a conveyor until there is a free slot. This doesn’t work as I would expect. I would assume that if a car reaches a junction where it could go straight and continue around the loop, or turn left into an empty slot (the next it needs), it would turn into the slot. This isn’t what happens. The car will often go straight around the loop. In fact, I disconnected the loop from receiving new cars and there are about twenty cars that NEVER turn into their next slot, but they just circle endlessly around the loop. (I have a save of this, if that’s useful)
Why do I use loops? I want better control over the distribution of cars into slots. I think the default behavior for Conveyors should equally distribute vehicles through all junction exits. A default three exit Conveyor should follow the pattern LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT, LEFT, CENTER, RIGHT, etc. That is easy to understand/anticipate/plan for. I think the junctions are trying to auto-optimize, but that should be either an option for each junction or perhaps an upgrade for them.
- Suggestion: I would like more control over what resource is imported where. What if all Stockpiles could be assigned an Resource Importer? If I have a Resource Importer that isn’t importing much, it would helpful to have it fill Stockpiles that aren’t near it. I’m not sure how to meet resource demands with a condensed factory. This would give me some additional stock control. So Stockpiles would default to Closest Resource Importer, but could be independently set if desired.
In fact, I’d like to control the Slot stockpiles too. I want to tell the Slot stockpile what to stock, and from which Resource Importer. I want a Fit Wheels Slot that stocks only Gold Wheels that I can send only cars that need Gold Wheels using a Smart Conveyor. Currently if I build a Fit Wheels Slot, upgrade only the Gold Wheels Upgrade and connect to the Resource Network, all while paused. When I unpause, all the Slot’s stockpile spaces are feels with default wheels.
- Suggestion: Need to add Conveyor blueprints. It’s hard to blueprint when my Conveyor layout has to be mental.
- Bug?: The ‘New’ flag seems to be removed only when there is an instance of the item built. If you finish all the research and delete all the Research Offices, the red ‘New’ flag returns to the build list. I would expect them to disappear for the length of the game once SEEN, or at minimum, once built for the FIRST time.
- Suggestion: It seems weird to me that a major car manufacturing plant sells directly to customers, and the current Showroom/Market doesn’t seem very effective or useful to me. I basically ignore it all and just make sure cars sell immediately and that I’m making money. (Note in the image there are 3 cars in the showroom, $20MM in the bank, and production vs customers are not near optimized)
Instead of direct customers, what if we sold to Dealerships. The Dealerships would place orders for X number of vehicles from each of the models you sell. It would be expected that you would fulfill the order within a certain amount of time. That way you need to care about how many of each model you produce. The Showroom would really be just a car stock, with a reasonably high limit to the total car stock size.
If you then change the time flow to function faster. Every year, all previous year models lose value. This punishes overproducing. Thus creating the challenge of balancing supply and demand. I also like the yearly cycle as the time to change models. “The new 2019 Mid-Range Sedan now have Air Conditioning and Anti-lock Brakes!”
You could also have custom one-of orders. A non-standard model. They pay more, with faster fulfillment times.
Okay, that was a lot. READ: I really like this game! (I had a couple more images, but could only post one…)