A couple of bugs

I’m really enjoying Redshirt (been looking forward to it since it was announced) but I have discovered a couple of bugs in Beta v0.1.

The first isn’t really a bug as such and would probably be a pain to fix. Any chance of widescreen support? :slight_smile:

Sometimes you’ll get a new aspiration which you have already completed but the game doesn’t realise you have completed it. For example “Become friends with X” but you are already friends with them so the only way to complete that one is to unfriend them (I assume that you would take a relationship hit) and then re-friend them.

Sometimes you will get more than one aspiration that’s the same. This might be good if it’s easy to complete but I’m guessing it shouldn’t be happening.

Those are the only ones I’ve found so-far. I’m quite impressed that the game is so bug-free!

My character just seemed to have decided to never go to work again. mildy problematic as he eventatually starved to death

Also, ran into one point where the “Yellow alert” alert dialog wouldn’t go away when accepted. The workaround was to crash the game and restart from last save, so it’s intermittent.

Had the same bug with the Yellow alert not going away. Also, had my “crush” die on an away mission - the aspiration did not update. Any subsequent “replacement” aspiration didnt work (Friend someone who was already friended, master a job that’s way downhill the career path).

Also, this isnt a bug, but I’m really having issues with some of the facebook friends not wanting to have anything to do with me (such as ignoring my invitations for events) because I am friends with someone else. Even if I defriend them.

Edited to add: also seem to be stuck in not going to work. Workday starts: 1 post to work. After doing one post, it will say “1 post to work” again. Then after that post, it considers the work day over and says 3 posts to sleep.

Ahh, this is not really going to be possible, I’m afraid. I’m so sorry! (Technical difficulties with this aside, we would also lose the joke of the Xx’th’xx tentacles spilling out beyond the interface, and that would be sad. ;))

Yikes, those definitely need fixing – thanks so much for letting me know!

Hmm, if it happens again, would you please mind posting your output_log.txt file, please? You’ll find it either in

...Program Files\Redshirt\Data\

Or:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Redshirt\Data\RedshirtData

Thanks! Sorry about that.

Ooh, I hadn’t thought about that eventuality! Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Ah yes, that’s because even they are not your Spacebook friends, your relationship with them is still too high for your Spacebook friend’s liking. This is what the ‘insult’ functions are for, on Spacebook! :wink: (Though, on that note, it is on my to-do list that it should be much easier to make specific people hate you…)

Hmm, if you wouldn’t mind, could you please also post your output_log.txt file for me, please? Again it’s at:

...Program Files\Redshirt\Data\output_log.txt

Or:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\(x86)\Redshirt\Data\RedshirtData\output_log.txt

Thanks! Sorry about the problems.

The “Not going to work” Issue seems to be caused when you have a dialog box open, leave it open, and spend your last action point. Having 2 dialog boxes open is not possible (I’m guessing) so the “Time for work” alert just falls off into the bit bucket. Saving and loading does fix the issue.

Here is the last few lines of Output_log.txt.

You can't place widgets on a layer different than the UIPanel that manages them.
If you want to move widgets to a different layer, parent them to a new panel instead.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

You can't place widgets on a layer different than the UIPanel that manages them.
If you want to move widgets to a different layer, parent them to a new panel instead.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Cannot be negative, and should not exceed length of string.

Parameter name: startIndex
  at System.String.IndexOf (System.String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.String.IndexOf (System.String value, Int32 startIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GUISpacebook.WriteFeedItem (.SpacebookEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GUISpacebook.WriteToSpacebook (.SpacebookEntry entry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Activity.DoActivity (.SocialEvent evt, Double modifier, .GUIActivityScreen scr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at GUIActivityScreen+<StopScreen>c__Iterator16.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
GUIActivityScreen:CheckOnTrigger(SocialEvent)
<StartScreen>c__Iterator14:MoveNext()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Not closing window as a time passing UI is active.

Not closing window as a time passing UI is active.

here’s the output log. Just change the extension to .txt - this board doesnt accept txt for some reason. output_log.zip (213 KB)

I am having the not going to work issue as well. I also have no extra dialogue windows open when going to sleep. A work around for this is save before you use your 1 action before work. If the bug happens just re load.

I also seem to be told I am tagged in a status or had a status liked and there is no liked or tagged status.
output_log.rar (2.18 KB)

Ah, didn’t realize stuff could be attached here… Here is my output log.
output_log.zip (2.69 KB)

Hey everyone – thanks for those logs! That’s very helpful. Just to let you know, I’m working on a fix for this, which will be available soon! :slight_smile:

also seen the yellow alert bug and the not going to work bug.

Also couple of cosmetic things - - a xxx’th’xx with the wrong portrait (looked human) and there was a spelling mistake on one of the loading screen messages (missing a letter off the end, unfortunately I can’t remember which one it was)

Also, I’m not sure if this a bug or delibrate, I reached a point where no-one seemed to be accepting friend requests - they were always stuck at pending - my relationship was capped with them. Now I am not sure because they weren’t reading spacebook and maybe I needed to send them a message to jig them up but to have so many outstanding was odd.

Also, i picked up a new asperiation to replace one I completed - it was to add Astra to your friends list - unfortunately this is the very first thing you do when you start a new game so she was already a friend !

Something else I found, unsure if it is intentional or not.

Some friends don’t like other people so wont go to events. When that person is removed they still don’t go to events due to still being annoyed you like them. The issue I am having is when I insult the ex friend it doesn’t change the relationship with them no + or -