A list of improvements/sugestions.

Yes this is really annoying. Once you played a few games, you know the setup for some of the upgrades. You can easily memorize where the effective concentration of everything is (not the accurate number but you get a feeling like: Female Contraceptive needs a low concentration). This makes it so easy to plan, because you know in advance which side effect you have to worry about. If I want to produce the Female Contraceptive for example I can ignore all side effects above 6 or 7 concentration. This also makes the analyzer pointless, because you could memorize the perfect concentration too.

Talking about the analyzer:

Even if the concentrations get a randomization, it still is useless because trial and error is cheaper and faster (you usually dont go for the middle spot of the concentration range and you get a rating of the drug. If it is D or lower you know you are on the wrong side, if it is B you know you are 1 spot away from perfect). So, make the analyzer give a benefit, like

+10% value for fully analyzed drugs.
Or -10% machine running cost if drug is analyzed.
Or lock the A rating (even if you hit the perfect concentration by accident) and just enable it for analyzed drugs.
Or widen the concentration range you need for upgrading the drug/getting rid of the side effects (for each analyzed stat).
Or -10% effectiveness for analyzed side effects.

Regarding the mirrored versions:
Make it researchable.

I, myself have found that the most effective concentration is actually VERY random, but as the other’s have observed the ranges seem pretty regular.

Guess that is my fault of observation or memorization. It still is too easy to find this concentration by trial and error. Chances are you hit next to it and everything is fine or you miss it, which is also fine because you can fix it with one additional machine. And the big point is that you know where the range is, so the major setup for every drug is always the same. The game still is awesome that way and there still is variety when you try to mix stuff, but if you run for Master you will most likely don’t go super-hightech and always use the same mid-tech drugs.