A Pitch On Behalf Of Modding Support

I just loaded up the game and saw that Modding Support was one of the options on the poll, so I went against my great dream of having a Ban Contraception policy to vote in favour it.

Modding Support is one of the best things you can ever add to a game. By opening up the code to be more accessible and manipulatable you effectively hire a dev team of the entire player base, all of whom can experiment with new ideas and discover the best ways to perform them before you, as the official developer, have to make the decision to test out implementing them.

I can’t speak highly enough of the prospect of making it easier for people to mod the game, and I hope it is the one that wins the poll. Even if it doesn’t, I have to hope it comes soon, as I believe the amount of content in the game will vastly increase in both quality and quantity immediately.

That being said, please vote for ban contraception guys, I’ve got some manifesto pledges to keep.

3 Likes

it’s already pretty modable as long as you have excel

1 Like

I’ve attempted it myself and it’s a very… strange system to try and work with. I’m sure it’s learnable and is probably easy for people who have experience modding, but looking at the Workshop it’s quite clear very few people manage to get their heads around it. So I imagine “mod support” to mean prettying up the code or adding an in-game tool that will let you create policies or tweak settings easier.

1 Like

Open office or libre office also are good.

1 Like

well just learn it, i’ve been directly editing stuff myself since the game released and it’s very easy to do, certainly a lot easier than some other games where you need special tools, with democaracy 4 (and 3)
it’s all right there uncompressed, nicely formatted and human readable, also no programming languange needed you just need to understand the how the equations work, when you understand that it’s very easy to change and tweak almost anything, and i guess you also need a image editor to mess around with the svg files.

1 Like

My issue is I don’t have Excel. Or rather, I do, but it’s tethered to a company and I’ll one day lose it. But I don’t understand why we don’t see more mods on the workshop if it’s so easy to mod. Surely there’s a demand for it?

2 Likes

i don’t have excel
there are other csv editors out there too, consider open office or libre office.
but if you really want excel then just “try it”:wink:

1 Like