Abortion policy

Hi everyone,

I just bought this today and have been really enjoying it. I threw this together since I wanted it too. I tried to make it reflect US sentiment, can’t say how it’ll fit in with other cultures

I was going to have it modify the middle class too (similar progression to parents) but i can’t figure out the variable name. It’s not MiddleClass, or MidClass, or Middle

Create a file named “abortionlaw.txt” in \Documents\democracy2\mods\data\sliders (My Documents\democracy2\mods\data\sliders in XP) and paste the following into it:

#,abortionlaw,7,Illegal at any time,Only to save the mother's life,Rape or incest,Child will not survive,Legal in first trimester,Legal in second trimester,Legal at any time,

then, in \Documents\democracy2\mods\data\simulation\policies create another file named abortionlaw.txt and paste the following there:

#,AbortionLaw,Abortion Laws,abortionlaw,"Abortion laws seek to control the legality of terminating a pregnancy. Some argue that allowing abortion is morally equivocal to murder, while others feel outlawing it prioritizes the life of an unborn child over that of an adult.",UNCANCELLABLE,25,50,33,52,WELFARE,0,0,0,2,0,0,,#Effects,"Religious,0.55-(1.45*x),8","Parents,0.04-(0.08*x)","Poor,-0.50+(0.85*x),2","Conservatives,0.40-(0.75*x),4","Liberal,-0.40+(0.90*x),4"

you’ll need to create a .dds file for abortion and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Democracy2\data\bitmaps\policies . I used a copy of the maternityleave.dds for now since I can’t figure out what format dds files are in; they don’t seem to be jpgs like the modding page says (or if they are, paint doesn’t understand them)

open to suggestions on how to improve :slight_smile: