Access Denied

I tried modding my kudos 2 files. I went to the correct folders and only made simple changes like messing with the rate I lose friends. But whenever I went to save the file I get a big fat Access Denied everytime I tried to overwrite the files. Any suggestions?

Hey Peanutterz! :slight_smile:

Where have you installed the game to? Also, what version of Windows are you using?

If you are using Windows Vista / Windows 7 and installed to C:\Program Files, then that might be the problem. If you try copying the files out of that folder to the desktop, edit the file, save it, then copy the file back that ‘should’ work.

Just remember to backup your files!

SomeGuyInABikini, just back from Wicked: The Musical.

Hi i had the same problem then when i did exactly what you said, nothing had changed help? im using windows 7

Hi CD123 :slight_smile:

If you have installed to the Program Files folder make sure you are using an Admin account on your computer. If you are I would suggest installing the game to “C:\Games” or something similar.

If you haven’t installed to the Program Files folder then just right-click on the game folder and make sure “Read Only” isn’t checked. If it is checked deselect it, click Apply, then “Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files”.

I’m not sure what else would be the problem if you’re still having issues.

SomeGuyInABikini, on 2 hours sleep: meh^2

Hello!
I never did thank SomeGuy for his help! Thanks by the way. And I had the same trouble after your advice though it did point me in the right direction. For whatever reason Windows 7 has implemented security measures that only prevent the users from having full control of their computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

First you have to find where you saved the Kudos2 program, I’m going to assume its where I saved mine which is:
Computer>OS(C:)>Program Files (x86)

Then scroll down to Kudos 2 and right click on the folder. Click on Properties. It should automatically open on the General Tab and then unclick Read-only. After that click on the Security tab. Here is where you’ll grant yourself full control of the program. Under the Group or user names find your User name and select it. Click the Edit button to fiddle with your permissions, click the Full control option and then click apply. Before exiting out of Kudos 2 Properties make sure to click Apply if you haven’t already for the changes made under the General tab. Hopefully that’ll work and you should hopefully now be able to make changes.