AI Research speed

I’m not sure if this has been discussed or not.

But I’ve got 10 research facilities, and currently researching predictive stock control, which costs 2,000 points.

In this time, the AI has researched multiple different things as below which make them become more common:

Cruise Control (750)
Heater (750)
Auto steer headlights (750)
Automatic windscreen wipers (750)

How is the AI able to research all of these, before my single research is complete?

Perhaps some better information on the AI, might make it a bit easier to understand, for example: Is there more than one AI rival? Are these being researched by different companies or is it just one single rival company with stupid amounts of research capacity?

Just thought I’d share my experience/view.

Cheers,

Matt

There are several competitors. We don’t know how many yet. These research items are possibly all being researched by different competitors. We are possibly going to be given more information about competitors in a future update, we just dont have it yet.

Ah Ok, I thought so - Considering I saw the same research item being researched again, It would be nice if the “AI” had a company name, so that it is distinguished.

Yes not only a Name but some sort of interface to show you how your competitors are doing but also which ones have researched which features. Also I wonder, does the AI speed up its research if I am researching lot of technologies to get ahead of it? Or, does it slow down its research if I am researching other things like marketing or some such that does not show up in the feature list of a car? Does it slow down its research as it gets ahead of me in technology?

It would be nice to hear the development side of things regarding AI research.

I wonder if @Cliffski would give some insight to this.

I’ve literally just started a new game, and within 25 game minutes, a competitor has already researched Autosteer Headlights.

This requires Driver Assistance to be researched first.

How is this possible?

Would you be able to give us some indication as to how this is done? I wish I could research things that fast!

is it possible to disable the competitor?

i want play relax a game.

i research 1 technology with 400 points and the competitor have at the same time 3-4 technologys. (it sucks)

pls add a szenario game mode without a competitor. (building mode)

have anyone a idea to deactivate the competitor ?

We are planning a relaxed sandbox mode, along with scenario objectives. I’ll be working on it next month :smiley:

Looking forward to more of a scenario type game where you have to try and work towards objectives.

I agree with MrFriendly, having the ability to see what competitors exist and what they have previously researched would be somewhat helpful. Even better would be seeing the competition within a market segment and what each competitor puts on its cars.

This is sort of exposed to us by the Very Rare / Rare / Common / Universal progression, but being able to monitor your competitors would be an excellent add-on to the game.