All my fleets disappeared in campaign

So I was happily playing my Steam downloaded version and playing a campaign when all of a sudden all my fleets disappeared. This sucks! The game crashes every hour or so, but it’s never wiped out my whole fleet before :frowning:

pleas give your
OS
the error box (if any)
version number
modifications (retail or otherwise)
more detail

Windows 7
no error box
the version number is Full 1.62
no mods, it’s on steam
i have these expansion packs: tribe, order, swarm, nomads, parasites, galactic conquest

99% of time, the error box is hidden behind the game itself.
Have you try the “ALT+TAB” to see if it is hidden?

dose the screen just go black, dos the game freeze, dose it just disappear and show the desktop?
also dose it just crash randomly no mater what your doing or dose it crash when something specific is happening (like loading a fleet for the galactic conquest)

also include your debug and error files: should be located in My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\debug

copy the text from them all and put it in code boxes

or just make an an attachment

Hello Everyone,

I think I may be experiencing the same troubles as @lagrange. I also have a Steam version; mine has all of the DLC. I am experiencing frequent crashes trying to play the campaign, and occasionally those crashes have the error window in the background as described. Here is the tail of my error file:

26/2/2013 - 4::22 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\SIM_CampaignDebugLog.cpp,linenum:41,build:Full 1.62
26/2/2013 - 4::22 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\SIM_CampaignDebugLog.cpp,linenum:41,build:Full 1.62
26/2/2013 - 16::14 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\SIM_CampaignShipsLog.cpp,linenum:52,build:Full 1.62
26/2/2013 - 19::48 - Assertion failure:filename:…\src\SIM_CampaignShipsLog.cpp,linenum:52,build:Full 1.62

I think those represent the last two times I tried to play campaigns, both of which crashed sometime between turns. Further attempts to play either campaign simply cause the game to hang on the main menu launch dialog.

This makes me incredibly sad since the campaign looks like it would be the best way to enjoy GSB!

Any help would be appreciated!