Alpha Fox Capital Ship, Falcon's Nest Capital Ship

I would make them alot bigger, but well… the game doesn’t like width being over 256

really? because my biggest ships (and my copy of the game cannot go over this number) have a width of 270.

did you fix the .txt files yet? with the new cruiser (the one that was formerly a fighter) i’m getting white squares whenever it’s hit, and i suck at damage textures. engineglows though i’m great at :smiley:

That’s Strange, because I can get it up to 300.

And speaking of big ships, would it be possible to make a class of ship ABOVE cruiser?

I think it would be cool to have one very large ship that’s got loads of firepower, but is vulnerable to frigates and fighters because of their small size and speed. It might make sense to keep anti-fighter and high-tracking speed weapons out of its inventory for balancing purposes, so you can’t just send the ship in and watch it tank everything.

technically… no. if you write anything other than cruiser, fighter, or frigate, it just defaults back to cruiser :frowning:

I hate it when designers set hard-code features like that. The way the files are set up, it seems that as long as you keep the class/size values the same, the game should (and by should I mean if the world was perfect) be able to match the values together, i.e. if I make a ship with the classname “battleship”, the game could then look for modules that have the size value “battleship” and display those modules when I outfit a battleship.

I’m no programmer, but I am a modder, and from a modder’s perspective that is a RIDICULOUS limitation.

Oh and while I’m on my little rant, how bout some three-way love?

No not THAT three-way you perverts. How about three-way gratuitous space battles?

Yeah, I wish that setting a different ship class would be easy.