Amazing Game

As per subject header. I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself to this community and thank Cliff for a fantastic game. I’ve long been a fan of the original Democracy, which a couple of my PPE (philosophy, politics and economics) student friends used to show people all the time. I am now doing that too: I bore to death anyone who comes round by using this incredibly insightful game as an example of the reason I own a PC and not an Xbox. Although I’d also dearly love an Xbox, populist whore that I am.

(Putting on my total lame-o analytical literary student hat now - if only there were a smiley for this): but for me, the most admirable quality of the game is suggested in its title, and specifically represented by this community: it’s a democracy itself, where users not only have the option to mod their own game, but make suggestions with the possibility that they’ll be implemented in the final product. I can’t think of anything more democratic than that.

So that’s my inaugural post. I hope to become an active part of this forum and eventually make some suggestions of my own. But right now I have to go load Democracy 2 and pretend I’m Hillary Clinton. Only slightly less manly.

Oxfordruse (a man :open_mouth:)

That post made me lol :slight_smile:.

Welcome to the Dem2 community :smiley:.

For the moment, if you have any suggestions for mods, just post them on this thread or at the modding forums.

Modding itself is quite easy-there is a lot of trial and error involved, but its not ultra-technical.

Good luck :slight_smile:.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forums!

Haha, slightly less manly…??.. I wouldn’t call Hilary Clinton manly if you’ve seen old Maggy Thatch :smiley:

MISSES CLINTION! how can we trust someone to be president that pratches on simulation! :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a comic that showed Gorden Brown pratcising his policy on Dem1, but I forget where it was :frowning:.

Reminds me of what you just said, cary :slight_smile:.

really? I’d love to see that!