Attempt at modding Social Events

I’m trying to create a social events mod, can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
#,CELEBRATION IN THE OAKS,see Christmas lights with friends.,Christmas,0,playsound(carstart.ogg),"_random,1.0"The car broke down on the way back, I wish I had just stayed home,Not the worst time I’ve ever had although it certainly could’ve been better,I had a wonderful time, great chouice for an outing!",How about coming along to the Celebration in the Oaks this evening?,0,52,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,-1,#,“movies,1.0”,“beer.1.0”,“alcohol,0.5”,“conversation,1.0”,“ballet,1.0”,“dance,1.0”,“food,1.0”,“music,1.0”,“pizza,1.0”,“sports,1.0”,“football,1.0”,“theatre,1.0”,“chinese food,1.0”,“gossip,0.5”,“literature,1.0”,“esperanto,1.0”,travel,1.0",“pop music,1.0”,“gardening,1.0”,“sex,1.0”,“politics,1.0”,“australian food,1.0”,“jazz music,1.0”,“pop music,1.0”,“bowling,1.0”,“history,1.0”,“wine,0.4”,#,“culture_literature,0.01,_CULTURE_DEGRADE”,“kudos,0.02,_KUDOS_DEGRADE”,“iq_knowledge,1.05,_IQ_DEGRADE”,“boredom,-0.08,_BOREDOM_DEGRADE”,“tiredness,0.05,_TIRED_DEGRADE”,stress,-0.1,_STRESS_DEGRADE",“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,#,
I also add this to my strings ini. file
nv_celebration in the oaks = “christmas lights”
I have an idea that my problem lies somewhere in here(since this is the only place that I am totally clueless) thisis where it all seems to fall apart for me because I had to just copy this from any file that was already in the game because I don’t know what it means nor how to make the proper adjustments for what i’m trying to do._IQ_DEGRADE",“boredom,-0.08,_BOREDOM_DEGRADE”,“tiredness,0.05,_TIRED_DEGRADE”,stress,-0.1,_STRESS_DEGRADE",“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,#,
I would really love to be able to mod any file i want so please give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Hi Angel4Decale1 :slight_smile:

I’ve found a number of issues. After correcting these the event worked fine, although I might suggest not having QUITE so many interests as visually the event becomes a mess of text. Also using a good Comma Separated Values program should help you avoid missing quotes (Excel should work fine, just make sure you save as a CSV file)

Corrected version:

#,NORMAL,celebrationoaks,Celebration in the Oaks,see Christmas lights with friends.,,Christmas,0,,playsound(carstart.ogg),,"_random,1.0","The car broke down on the way back, I wish I had just stayed home","Not the worst time I've ever had, although it certainly could've been better","""I had a wonderful time, great chouice for an outing!""",How about coming along to the Celebration in the Oaks this evening?,0,52,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,-1,#,"movies,1.0","beer,1.0","alcohol,0.5","conversation,1.0","ballet,1.0","dance,1.0","food,1.0","music,1.0","pizza,1.0","sports,1.0","football,1.0","theatre,1.0","chinese food,1.0","gossip,0.5","literature,1.0","esperanto,1.0","travel, 1.0","pop music,1.0","gardening,1.0","sex,1.0","politics,1.0","australian food,1.0","jazz music,1.0","pop music,1.0","bowling,1.0","history,1.0","wine,0.4",#,"culture_literature,0.01,_CULTURE_DEGRADE","kudos,0.02,_KUDOS_DEGRADE","iq_knowledge,1.05,_IQ_DEGRADE","boredom,-0.08,_BOREDOM_DEGRADE","tiredness,0.05,_TIRED_DEGRADE","stress, -0.1, _STRESS_DEGRADE","boredom,-0.25,0.5",#

Problems:

“_random,1.0"The car broke down on the way back, I wish I had just stayed home,Not the worst time I’ve ever had although it certainly could’ve been better,I had a wonderful time, great chouice for an outing!”,How about coming along to the Celebration in the Oaks this evening?

You’re missing a bunch of quotes. They need to be around anything that contains a comma, otherwise it’s interpreted as separate data. For example, the above should be:
“_random,1.0”, “The car broke down on the way back, I wish I had just stayed home” , “Not the worst time I’ve ever had, although it certainly could’ve been better”, “I had a wonderful time, great choice for an outing!”, “How about coming along to the Celebration in the Oaks this evening?”

Also I think you’re missing some bits at the start, as most standard lines are “#, NORMAL, name, guiname, description” (e.g. “#,normal, beer, Beer in local bar”) but you have:
“#,CELEBRATION IN THE OAKS, see Christmas lights with friends”

whereas it should be:
#NORMAL, celebrationintheoaks, Celebration in the Oaks, See Christmas lists with friends”

Also you have “beer.1.0”, not “beer, 1.0” (note the comma).

And “travel, 1.0” is missing a quote, so you have: travel, 1.0"

And “stress, -0.1” is missing a quote. You have: stress, -0.1, _STRESS_DEGRADE"

And you have “iq_knowledge, 1.05”. I’m not sure what happens when you put more than 1.0, but I suspect it might cause issues as you’re adding more than the “full” amount (which is 1.0).

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

SomeGuyInABikini, 3D design building the house he currently lives in. Fun!