Audio Issue - Speaker Configuration

Here’s a bit of a low-priority issue, but still one that’s apparent:

I have a 5.1 speaker setup and am running Windows 2000. When exiting Kudos, my speaker configuration (Control Panel->Sounds & Multimedia->Audio Tab->Advanced Button) is forcibly reset to “Desktop Stereo Speakers.” So if I start a different game immediately thereafter (such as one with mechanical robots and machine guns), my 3D audio is misconfigured. So, everytime I quit Kudos I have to remember to revert my speaker configuration to “5.1 Surround Sound Speakers.” I’m running an HDA X-Mystique 7.1 Gold (C-Media CMI8768 chipset) soundcard.

cliffski, I’m sure you have better things to do (play with your new kitten, learn Swahili, stare at the walls, etc.) but just thought I’d at least bring this to your attention. Thanks

Yes, I apologise for this. It’s a side effect of the sound library that I use. Its only on certain speaker systmes, but I guess it is very annoying if you have that system. Point noted, and it will weigh in my decision as to what to do about the sound library in future patches.

Going through the old messages, this is still an issue. Not critical, by any means, but something I’ve got to remember to set back when I get done playing.