Balance suggestion for "Diversity Quotas for Companies"

I have four changes in my mind.

For me the policy should also:

-middle income (because with this policy the white majority of the population will have an harder time finding or keeping a job due to companies prioritizing POC)

-patriots (because the state may now be seen as working against the native citizens)

-crime (because now certain POC may lessen or abandon their criminal ways entirely)

+poor (because said POC tend to be not very wealthy)

1 Like

Aren’t the ethnic minorities also middle income?

1 Like

Yes

Maybe racial tensions could lower income of ethic minorities, and this could have 4 - 8 turns of inertia.

2 Likes

I am not sure why this policy would increase the amount of poor people if you were hiring more of them in the first place. Could you elaborate further?

1 Like

Yeah exactly, that’s what i meant.
It would increase (+) the opinion of the poor class.

2 Likes

ohh sorry I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up!

2 Likes

You don’t create an effect on poor voters because you assume ethnic minorities are necessarily poorer than average- that means non-ethnic minority poor voters also have their opinions increased.

The game’s mechanics want you to target only the specific voter group you think would be affected, not all the groups you think that voter group might intersect with.

1 Like

Yes but since, excluding Asians, ethnic minorities are disproportionately poorer and are 40% of the American population, i think the threshold to generalize has been reached.

1 Like

Thats one country out of ten that the game models though :smiley:
Its REALLY important that the effects in the game work equally over all nations, otherwise it gets unplayable and deeply confusing. For the example given, where its assumed people in ethnic minorities are poorer, that may be true in the US< but is there similar evidence in Spain? in South Korea? This is where it gets complex.

Ideally the US would be modeled in such a way that (due to historic issues of racism), the income of ethnic minorities was lower than others, which would naturally then push a lot of those people into the ‘poor’ group. But thats a different way to handle it. The effects of this policy must only reflect the direct effects, Anything that arises because ‘people in group A tend to be in group B’ needs to be addressed separately, by per-country adjustments to make that connection.

FWIW the USA has a special override in the game for the history of slavery/racism which makes racial tension in the US higher. Perhaps there should be a corresponding knock to the income of ethnic minorities in the UK? (and perhaps in other countries too?)

2 Likes