basketball?

How would I go about adding a basketball and basket to the game? Like in order to have the solo/social activity for playing basketball, you’d need the basketball and basket?
Or is this not possible?

Thanks for anyone that can help!

nevermind, I believe that I have figured it out by myself ;).

Okay, it works great in my game. I’ll share it with you all ;).

Put this in assets.csv

#,,basketballhoop,Basketball Hoop,general,"Shoot some hoops at home!",ass_basketballhoop.bmp,64,64,,60.25,0,"STEALABLE,SELLABLE,REBUYABLE",basketball,#,#,,,,, #,,basketball,Basketball,general,"You can't shoot hoops without a ball!",ass_basketball.bmp,64,64,,9.25,0,"STEALABLE,SELLABLE,REBUYABLE",basketball,#,#,,,,,

Put this in solo_activies.csv

#,basketball,Play Basketball,"You're playing BAS-KET-BALL!",,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,"stress,-0.12,_STRESS_DEGRADE","fitness,0.1,0.9","weight,-0.06,0.97","tiredness,0.20,_TIRED_DEGRADE", "muscles,0.045,0.97",#,"_energy,0.16","basketballhoop,1.0","basketball,1.0",,,

This in interests.csv

#,basketball,Basketball,0.5,LOW,,sports

This to strings.ini

nv_basketball = "Basketball"

And finally, this to the social_events.csv

#,GAME,basketball,Play Basketball,"One on one or as a team!",game,SOCFLAG_HOMEBASED,,"_random,0.5",Wanna join us for some basketball?,0,8,3,10,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,-1,#,"basketball,1.0","sports,0.5",#,"stress,-0.1,0.4","fitness,0.1,0.3","tiredness,0.1,0.5","weight,-0.02,0.97","boredom,-0.25,0.5",#,"fitness,0.1",#,"_energy,0.65","basketballhoop,1.0","basketball,1.0",#,,,,

This should all work, but if it doesn’t, let me know the problem and I’ll fix it. It all works fine in my game ;). I might add a couple jobs with basketball maybe, but for now, modding jobs is a mystery to me :lol:

[EDIT] You’ll need to make new .bmps for the shopping catalog. Just find a picture of a basketball hoop and save it as ass_basketballhoop.bmp, then a basketball and name is ass_basketball.bmp. If you have any trouble, let me know :).

I don’t know what the problem was, but after i copied all the code into the appropriate files, my game would crash during startup. Took out the codes and it loaded up fine again.

Great idea though. :slight_smile: