Beta 1.17+ No Update?

I know there have been a few posts on this topic but nothing that seems to address my issue. My initial download of GSB2 was version 1.16. It auto-updated to 1.17 correctly; however, for every version since then, I’ve had to re-download the installer in order to move to the next version. I’ve tried booting up repeatedly over the course of two or three days, and it just doesn’t happen.

Today the game took a really long time to start up, and now I see the following lines in the debug.txt file:

[0:24:54:878]- Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpatchurl2() in /home/jadjez22/public_html/server/getlatestpatch2.php on line 21

[0:24:54:878]- Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpatchurl2() in /home/jadjez22/public_html/server/getlatestpatch2.php on line 21

As an experiment, I moved the debug.txt file elsewhere and restarted GSB2. It created a new debug.txt file without those lines, and started up immediately. I’m not sure what might be the issue here.

I’m running Windows 7 64-bit, and I bought direct from Positech (downloading the new installers from the link in the email from BMT Micro).

Yeah I noticed that yesterday on my test machine. I’m investigating further…
this was a mistake by me. Its fixed for the next patch, and also magically fixed for everyone instantly anyway with any luck.

I can confirm that my GSB2 has now auto-updated to 1.21 (I deliberately did not update it yesterday to make sure I could test any solution today). So for the moment at least, it looks like it’s fixed. Yay!