Beta 1.18: Mission 3 not unlocked after tutorial missions

To test this I deleted the file sc.dat to get all the missions locked again.

When beating the first tutorial mission, the second tutorial mission get unlocked as expected.

When beating the second tutorial mission, the third mission does not get unlocked.

Hi, did you run the patch to get from 1.17 to 1.18 or do a fresh install over the top?

I did the auto-update. Then I saw, that the version was still Beta 1.17 and that the 2 first tutorial planets had still the same name (Atterion III).

I thought the update went wrong, therefore I decided to reinstall it by downloading from the purchase-email. Now the game version is Beta 1.18. I’m not sure if I did uninstall GSB2 before reinstalling it…

I can confirm I have the same situation. The Battle screen looks like this:

I have won all of the scenarios, but that third one remains just a wireframe. My Beta 1.17 wasn’t updating so I re-downloaded the installer (I did not remove the 1.17 install first). The game now reflects Beta 1.18.

I’m 99% certain this is a screwup relating to patching/upgrading. You can fix it by…
editing this file:

\my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles2\sc.dat
Open it in notepad and make sure not to change the extension when you save it.

The bit you need is here:

[tutorial_2]
tutorial = 0
beaten_easy = 1
beaten_medium = 0
beaten_hard = 0
highest_honor_easy = 413
highest_honor_medium = 0
highest_honor_hard = 0
races_beaten = terran,

Basically we added a new scenario as a second tutorial, and the naming system got borked a bit.

Due to my previous issue, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest build (without deleting the folder) and have the same issue.

My sc.dat looks nothing like that… :-/

[scen2]
tutorial = 0
beaten_easy = 1
beaten_medium = 0
beaten_hard = 0
highest_honor_easy = 20668
highest_honor_medium = 0
highest_honor_hard = 0

Can I just delete that file and restart the tutorials?
Is uninstalling the game supposed to actually uninstall everything, or is stuff left there deliberately?

you can definitely delete that file, it will get recreated. The uninstaller never touches anything in that whole ‘my documents’ folder.