Better mod tools coming...the progress thread

I have the framework in place for in-game mod creation, its just a lot of work! Hopefully next week I can ship an update with better mod upload/browsing tools in general, plus the ability to create dilemmas in-game, at the very least. I just have some word-wrapping issues to sort out…

Once I finish that, adding support to mod policies, situations, events etc will hopefully not be as tricky :smiley:

And once it all works I can then add more useful in-game help tom explain how to do all this. I am aware that modding for the game is relatively hard to do right now (easier than most game, but not trivial…)

6 Likes

Oh my god!!

But I was kind of wondering of icons, as they differ from each other and it will become obvious one is being reused. Is there an option for custom icons or something that would probably fit an icon inside one of those red/green/blue bubbles?

1 Like

Icons are vector graphics so you kind of HAVE to make them using an icon editor like inkscape:

But thats a free tool, and we leave the game svg files exposed so you can hopefully find out how to drag them in and create new combinations quite easily.

One day I will do a tutorial video on this.

3 Likes

A bit more progress today. I still need to make the Influences and Effects editable and deletable, then test it, then dilemma creation is done.

4 Likes

Choo-Choo! Here comes the mod train!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t wait to make the Romanian country.

1 Like

@Franztroll Now you have an opportunity to make the playable countries yourself, I know you wanna :wink:

1 Like

WOW. Don’t you need to program anything with programs you don’t use? is it enough to create a country? and the images of the country?

2 Likes

In the image it doesn’t look possible but I really believe you can put those alternatively.

1 Like

Sorry but how can countries be created? In what window, did I not see a window of the countries? And then a tip for cliff, to add the option imagine for countries, events and situations.

2 Likes

Create Mod Content changes already existing stuff which can be disabled and enabled at will or creates something entirely else?

1 Like

However, this addition is very interesting. then it appears in the mods list?

2 Likes

the mod I made I mean

1 Like

what is sim values?

1 Like

I have no idea, I’m thinking they’re something regarding in-game groups? It would be a very cool thing for different scenarios.

1 Like

so you can add groups in your opinion?

1 Like

Well what I’m saying is a theory (a conspiracy theory if you’d will :wink:).

1 Like

You can put a situation, an event, a policy or a dilemma just for one country for example I don’t want an eu dilemma to appear in the united states, can I do it Cliff?

2 Likes

Countries will come eventually. I’ll update the game once I have dilemmas working correctly.
Sim values are blue circles :smiley:

3 Likes

Oops, good to know. Maybe somebody can do Democracy 4: Africa mod :wink:

1 Like