Better mod tools coming...the progress thread

Ok Cliff! add policy and situation icons or the ability to put an image of a country’s territory for future countries you will add?

2 Likes

“Sim values” means the numerical values which you will put into the simulation. For example, banning baby powder makes capitalist opinion fall by 20% (exaggerated example just to explain).

Oh, I’m mistaken then, just saw Cliff’s post.

1 Like

I can’t wait when cliff will see somebody complaining about the game and cliff can simply say: “Do it yourself”

1 Like

xD !!!

2 Likes

Especially when you can have things in your language right away! and when you can put icons and images to your liking. there you have no room to complain about a bug, except if the bug is in the mod or base game options! You can even translate the things in the game that are not translated!

2 Likes

Except that the tutorial buttons can’t be translated as they’re not part of this mod tool GUI pack.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m judging too early, I don’t know what cliff will add :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The mod tools will over more stuff each week as I do updates. Dilemmas is the first thing, which involved getting a lot of background stuff working so it actually writes out the files correctly in the right place. Then I’ll do the other tabs in that screenshot, but I could also add extra tabs later. This is going to take a while to do!

2 Likes

Good luck, cliff and thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You may as you add a board put it into the update even if the full job isn’t done. for example if you have done the dilemmas could you put them in the next update even if the other tabs will crash if they are clicked?

2 Likes

And another question. It is not to provoke but this great job you are doing is an excuse to publish the finished game and finish with the updates or will you keep adding the updates?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Cliff isn’t creating a better sandbox for us to abstain from doing work from their personal checklist, cliff isn’t exactly lazy. :wink:

1 Like

I understand your desire to see it early, and I appreciate it. I don’t suppose that Cliff would want to release a broken feature, it would reflect badly on the product.

1 Like

Ok. From this point of view, releasing a thing that works not even half from Cliff would not be removed from him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got the equation visualizer working just now. Next up is populating potential source names from the game, and then creating a whole new dilemma or deleting them…
Then its done for release.
Hopefully get it all done today, test tomorrow, release Wednesday.

2 Likes

Uh oh, math

This is how affected factors will modify opinions and/or conditions?

1 Like

@cliffski While trying to play the mods from steam workshop downloader, the games icons is missing, what’s the problem here?

1 Like

Working on policies now…

3 Likes

Hmmm tbh I do not know. Those are mods you are subscribed to through steam workshop, and you are running the game from steam (ie: steam is active in the background?)

2 Likes

@Silviu200530 I noticed that all my workshop icons disappeared as soon as I upgraded to v1.39. Try unsubscribing and restarting, then subscribing and restarting again. Let me know if it solved it.

@cliffski The in-game mod tool looks good. Currently I can select my dummy mods from the workshop in the “Update Your Mod” tab but the button to “Add mod content” is greyed out. I observe that neither Author nor Path populate and the image is missing (even when the same mod is present in the workshop with a picture, and my local copy has a picture :smiley: )
I plan on waiting until the modding tools are fully fleshed out (though I am happily doing things manually using other websites for equation visualisation)… but if you wanted to jump onto a Discord or Skype call to try some troubleshooting happy to be your guinea pig. It may or may not be related but the game always crashes when I try to use the print screen button in game image
Steam screenshotting works fine though.

Cheers,
Asla.

1 Like