Black startup

Hi i just purchesed the game, but when i launch it its just a black screen. I can hear music and see the mouse pointer (it flickers a little) and it seem to mark something because the color fill changes. I have tried running it as admin, what i havent tried because i dont know how is to change it to windowed mode. (only black screen so cant see ) and the config file is blank.

here is the output file it seem to run into a problem.

[code]Initialize engine version: 4.7.1f1 (68064779abd0)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1460]
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Vendor: ATI
VRAM: 3072 MB (via DXGI)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain

• Completed reload, in 0.065 seconds
    Initializing input.

Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1200 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1200 at 0,0
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename: Line: 1773)

UserName = NoxVain

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

AppId = 344850

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[SingletonPrefab] Using instance already created: Backbone

HandleD3DDeviceLost
HandleD3DDeviceLost: needs reset, doing it
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
D3Dwindow device not lost anymore
HandleD3DDeviceLost
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
HandleD3DDeviceLost
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
HandleD3DDeviceLost
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
HandleD3DDeviceLost
FullResetD3DDevice
ResetD3DDevice
dev->Reset
[/code]

Hi NoxVain, I’m sorry to hear you’re having problems running the game. Let me see if I can help.

If you open up:

…Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\GameData\Settings\config.ini

You can add the following to force windowed mode:

[DISPLAYSETTINGS] FULLSCREEN=0

But that might not help because it could be failing before it even gets to that bit of the program.

Another thing we can try is updating Unity’s own registry keys where it keeps a record of the last mode the game was run in. If you press windows key -> type “regedit” -> press enter, you’ll open up regedit.

Then, go HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Twice Circled/Big Pharma, you should see some keys in the right hand panel. Set the “Data” column of “Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode_h3981298716” to 0.

Now switching to windowed mode might not help, but it does seem to be one of the things people suggest when Unity games run into this error. Another thing to try is forcing the game to run via OpenGL.

Create a shortcut pointing at the Big Pharma.exe. Right click -> properties on the shortcut. In the Target box, add “-force-opengl” to the end of the line, excluding the quotes.

If that doesn’t work, we can try running in single threaded mode. Edit the shortcut so that instead of -force-opengl it says “-force-gfx-st”.

Let me know how you get on. I’m sorry about this, I know it can be frustrating when you just want to play the game!

Tim

Thank you soo much this seem to have fixed the problem and i am able to play, thanks again.

(I only needed to do the config fix and it solved the problem)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :smiley: