[Bug 1.52] Unable to Load Saved Game Files, Assertion Failure 2116

Hello,

SEE EDIT 3 I THINK I MAY HAVE FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE, STILL A BUG THOUGH

Really enjoying the game but I cannot load saved game files. I apologize if this has been previously reported, but I could not find it in a search of the forums.

The game starts up fine, I can see and select saved games. But in the loading process a popup with “Assertion failure:…\src\SIM_LoadGame.cpp 2116” appears, and when I click OK, the game crashes.

ScreenshotOfGameCrash

This happens for any save game file, including the autosave and _backup_autosave. The link below has the save game files and the error/debug text files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1teTh9vxtuFPVfj3vevJvcW-fFn78QBzD

EDIT: I wanted to add one more detail. When I saved the games I am now trying to load, they all saved normally and I was able to exit the game normally via the menu. There was no game crash at the time of the save.

EDIT 2: This bug still persists in version 1.53, except the error message is now “Assertion failure:…\src\SIM_LoadGame.cpp 2153”

EDIT 3: OK I did some snooping in the save file XML and I think I may have found the problem. I had a comma in one of my vehicle names, and I think that messes up the XML read in. I did a test with a new game where I didn’t make any cars with commas in the name for awhile and saved/loaded it just fine. Then I produced a few cars with commas in the name and the game wasn’t able to load after that. In short… recommended fix next version update: don’t allow players to put commas (or any other special characters that might mess with the XML structure) in their car names.

Thanks,
Adam

Interesting, thanks for this.I shall make commas impossible!