[bug] error with sound looping

Greetings,

I recently purchased the campaign update however I ran into numerous error messages when I loaded up the game and attempted to play the campaign. These error messages are very similar in nature. I get two of them when I first open the campaign mode, and get run through the last 3 several times in a row when I click on the ‘build ships’ button (or select a kind of ship) and for a few other interface actions… These are all the different error messages I found.

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to createStream] (23) File not found. :/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/.../src code 23rd jan 2010/GUI_Sounds.cpp 839

ERROR - FMOD[playsound failed] (37) An invalid parameter was passed to this function. :/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/.../src code 23rd jan 2010/GUI_Sounds.cpp 839

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to reuse sound] (37) An invalid parameter was passed to this function. :/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/.../src code 23rd jan 2010/GUI_Sounds.cpp 839

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to loop sound] (36) An invalid object handle was used. :/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/.../src code 23rd jan 2010/GUI_Sounds.cpp 839

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found. :/Development/Positech/GSB/GSB/.../src code 23rd jan 2010/GUI_Sounds.cpp 839

These errors (which as near as I can tell might have originated from one missing file) are not fatal but are extremely annoying as if I rush to click through all of them I will likely exit the ship building menu and thus have to go through the whole thing again. Please help me fix this.

Incase it helps I am running OSX 10.5.8, and GSB 1.55.4

Please email us at support -at- redmarblegames -dot- com and we can solve this for you.

Were you able to get a reply from red marble games on this? I have the exact same issue, and I have not even received an acknowledgment to the email I sent them. It is unfortunate since I waited for GC before buying the game and I can’t even use that part of it.

I have sent them an email, they have not gotten back to me.

So far as we know we’ve solved this for everyone who has emailed, so if you haven’t heard, please email again … thanks.