I was trying out Kudos 2 (demo version), but I couldn’t make it start… It crashed leaving a D3D initialisation error… As I don’t like to tell someone there is an error without providing a solution (when I can), I tried different things… I must say I’m running a laptop under Vista, and I’m not sure this has something to do with vista at all…
- First, I tried updating my DirectX version --> it did not resolved the crash
- I updated my nvidia driver --> it did not resolved the crash
- I then change the resolution to 1024 * 720 --> game worked
- I switched back to my actual resolution (1280 * 800) --> game crashed
- I switched back to 1280 * 720 --> game worked.
My conclusion is : kudos 2 has been created for normal screen, but doesn’t support wider definition like in a laptop.
I also tried other games (Gratuitous Space Battles, Democracy 2, and some others, all work perfectly under my 1280 * 800. I just don’t know why kudos 2 doesn’t work…
I just wanted to give the information back to you,