Bug with search results (beta 0.4)

One of my initial aspirations in my first 0.4 game is to get romantically involved with Jae Nian. However, I had a hard time finding her. Searching for “jae” did nothing, while searching for “nian” found several other people (all of whom had “nia” in their names) but not the one I needed.

I finally figured out how to make it work, by putting a space at the end of my search text "jae " or "nian ". It seems the search box ignores the last character in the entry, which is probably a bug. I’m also not sure why the prefix “nia” didn’t find “nian”, but that may be a separate issue (perhaps a limit to the number of matches that can be found, since there were three other characters with “nia” in their names?).

This doesn’t seem like something that would need a save to reproduce, but I can provide one if you need it.

Also, if you don’t click on any of the results, they don’t go away unless you type at least four characters of gibberish. Just deleting the search text doesn’t do it.

I believe you need to type a minimum number of characters before it starts bringing up results.
Four maybe?

Hi, thanks for this! As vince0018 said you need to type a minimum of four characters at the moment – which is a problem with shorter names! There’ll be a fix for all the search stuff (including the fact that the box sticks sometimes!) in the next build. :slight_smile: