[Bugs] Things I broke while modding

I’m sure this stuff is very low priority, but I’ll start this list anyway for when there’s nothing else to tweak (ha!)

[size=150]Hulls[/size]

[config]

1. width cannot be set to over certain values without causing a CTD as soon as a battle containing that ship is launched. The value seems to jump around based on the ship used and the map selected. Interestingly, there is no upper limit on height. I had fun making a 4km supercruiser that couldn’t fit on screen, but tended to crash if width was set over 300.
  2. Display issue - it would be nice if turrets scaled down with ship length/width? Unless the turrets are pretty spaced out to begin with, reducing a frigate’s size much below 90 results in overlapping.

[bonuses]
Fixed in 1.08 [size=50]3) ARMOURBOOST, INTEGRITYBOOST and SHIELDBOOST have no effect on anything in-game, as far as I can tell. Try tweaking the values and checking in-game armor, hull, and shield ratings. POWERBOOST and SPEEDBOOST work as expected.[/size]

[slots]
4) If a missile launcher is installed in a bank of turrets (the i = hardpointX,hardpointY,TURRET,(x-y),(x2-y2), setup), when the launchers fire missiles come from the position of the actual hardpoint rather than the position of the missile turrets drawn on-screen.
5) Potential display issue - there is no upper limit on the number of slots that can be added to a design. However, when I made a 40-slot cruiser for fun (my supercruiser from #1), on the design and battle UIs there isn’t enough room to display more than 20. Maybe a scroll box could be added if there are over 20 components on a design?

Cliffski confirms here that this is just a display bug and the values in battle do change.

Yeah, that’s my topic in the support forums. Glad to know it was just a display issue and armor isn’t going to get (more) absurd again!