campaign crash after winning

My game just crashed at the end of a battle, when confirming the captured fighters. It was running fine the battles before this crash. I did send three fleets to attack the same planet though (Argoshka), maybe that’s part of the cause. After the crash I reloaded the campaign and did the battle again the same way. But this time he counter attacked one of my planets on the same turn, he didn’t do that last time. I thought this was unfair, so I quickly alt+f4 and try to reload the campaign. All seemed fine, but this time he counter attacked a different planet. after reloading the campaign he counter attacked two of my planets at the same time from the same planet. I’ve had this happen to me before, even on the same campaign without doing any alt+f4, I had left both those planets empty though. But at the next reload he counter attacked all three planets at the same time. I did finish that battle to see what would happen, but the game crashed again after confirming the captured fighters.

I looked at the errors.txt in My Documents\my games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\debug folder and I get:
10/12/2010 - 0::48 - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
10/12/2010 - 0::48 - D3DEngine Restore Failed

I’m not sure those errors are because of the crash I just had. The time isn’t correct. But the error log is full of these same errors, about 60 in a row for each time this error occurs.

Otherwise, the game runs fine though. Except I can’t delete campaigns, I have to do it manually. I got the game from the Positech site and installed it where I installed the demo, so in the suggested folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game before. I’m the computer administrator and I’m running windows xp.

I’m still hunting the campaign deletion bug.
What version of the game are you running? A number of bugs relating to crashing when capturing or retreating were recently fixed.

I’m using 1.52

I also had a game crash at the end of a battle when confirming 2 captured fighters squads.
In version 1.52 I already had some crashes, but always after retreating, now in version 1.53 also after winning…

If it helps, the last lines in campaign debug.txt

**Choosing opponent at Besustine fleet cost is 18238.839844 GetFleetByLocation at 8 No fleet found Opponent GSB chosen: 4633478. Popularity was 0 Downloaded Challenge File : C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\USERNAME\Eigene Dateien/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4633478.gsb Clearing enemies database entry for encounter 8 Adding new fleet from gsb 4633478 to 8 End AIFightBattleThread Version: Full 1.53 player won battle Spreading Fear: 6732.00 from Besustine Adding new captured ship, id is 59 Adding new captured ship, id is 60 Freezing turns at encounter 8 for 5 Clearing enemies database entry for encounter 8 fleet entry removed from database AI Fleet deleted Campaign Fleet 4 Deleted

I also crash after either a successful battle or retreat

Runing patch 1.55

Debug txt is
----DEBUG FILE----
Windows 7 detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.55
Desktop resolution is 1280 x 1024
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine
gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmymessages.php?&lastmessageid=0
Start of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
End of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/messages.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp053.html)
response,true,

message,

Ship Design not found ->sw ff horus_mk1:…\src\SIM_ShipDesign.cpp 619

downloading enemy campaign fleet
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/camp_chall.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4651775.gsb)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp785.html)
response,4692988

SIM_Internet::CopyFileToServer(/gratuitousspacebattles/server/postchallenge.php)
CopyFileToServer ends
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp184.html)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/campaignoutcomes.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\Mark\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp610.html)
Failed to match up battle ship with campaign ship:…\src\SIM_CampaignFleet.cpp 514

The ERROR log stats
27/2/2011 - 10::48 - Untranslated HRESULT
27/2/2011 - 10::48 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
27/2/2011 - 11::14 - Untranslated HRESULT
27/2/2011 - 11::14 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
27/2/2011 - 11::30 - Untranslated HRESULT
27/2/2011 - 11::30 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
27/2/2011 - 11::50 - Untranslated HRESULT
27/2/2011 - 11::50 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed

Have you deleted any ship designs that might be in use by your campaign fleets?

I’ve found running the game as Administrator solve that problem.

Now crashes when it can’t find Radiation effect…