Campaign Crash

Hello,

I have been struggling with this problem for the last 3 weeks now. I love this game but I am about 2 minutes away from ripping my hard drive out and throwing it out the window. I don’t have my debug files on me at the moment but the errors it spits out (consistently) messages like:

• can’t find enemy fleet.
  • someerror.cpp…514, 912, something of that sort. Very consistent with the type of numbers it spits out.
  • There was one debug file that spat out something about alliance frigate missing although I can’t see how that is the case since I haven’t touched any alliance files

Yes I do have nearly ever mod imaginable installed on my computer. No, I don’t believe that some sort of module or ship design is invalid because I know how the game reacts when that is the case. I do not have problems with the standard, non-campaign portions. Is it a connectivity issue? A good portion of last night I was able to make 10 consecutive turns without problems and other times I can’t even squeeze out 1 move. Is there something wrong with the server? I would really appreciate some help.

Here are my debug files. These were from a fresh campaign after about 5 turns.

win 7 64 bit running of an ssd, 8 gigs mem no page file (not that any of this should matter).

what is this “campaign chooser.cpp 192 no enemy fleets found” nonsense? I see this over and over again. It takes me three days for a 20 node map because I keep getting slammed with huge fleets after every crash. I’ve even set up a macro for task manager because of the frequency.

[code]----DEBUG FILE----
Windows 7 detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.59
Desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine
Design [Alliance surv swordfish] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [iw antifighter frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [iw damage sponge] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EDF Torpedo Boat] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Imperial Shuttle] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [republic patrol ship] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Gwazine] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Magellan] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [MAN-08 Elmeth(EX)] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Order Saviour Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [PirSecFrig] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_ankyra_defender] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Badger] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_badger_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_cerberus_AF] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_cerberus_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_delta_wip] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_dymas_elite_2] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_dymas_elite_support] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Dymas] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_medium] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_supp] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_stratos_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [AntiFigBrand] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [attfledd] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [SupRitt] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [torpbrander] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Swarm Horus Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Tribe Tranquility Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt alliance sur wasp] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt imperial hasta frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw antifighter frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw damage sponge] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw ecm frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Order Saviour Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Swarm Hathor Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Tribe Tranquility Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Unit elite FA Cruiser] deleted because it was not valid with this version
gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmymessages.php?&username=the thing&id=XMN0-F8W5-G7H8-F&lastmessageid=0
Start of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
End of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/messages.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends
Design [Alliance surv swordfish] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [iw antifighter frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [iw damage sponge] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [EDF Torpedo Boat] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Imperial Shuttle] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [republic patrol ship] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Gwazine] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Magellan] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [MAN-08 Elmeth(EX)] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Order Saviour Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [PirSecFrig] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_ankyra_defender] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Badger] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_badger_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_cerberus_AF] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_cerberus_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_delta_wip] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_dymas_elite_2] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_dymas_elite_support] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Dymas] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_elite_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_medium] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_gryphon_supp] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [prae_stratos_1] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [AntiFigBrand] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [attfledd] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [SupRitt] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [torpbrander] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Swarm Horus Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Tribe Tranquility Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt alliance sur wasp] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt imperial hasta frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw antifighter frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw damage sponge] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt iw ecm frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Order Saviour Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Swarm Hathor Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Corrupt Tribe Tranquility Frigate] deleted because it was not valid with this version
Design [Unit elite FA Cruiser] deleted because it was not valid with this version
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp858.html)
response,true,

message,

Error removing C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/campaignprogress/default
downloading enemy campaign fleet
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/camp_chall.txt)
Failed to open ini file: C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/campaignprogress/default/opponents.ini
No enemy fleets found!:…\src\SIM_CampaignOpponentChooser.cpp 192

SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4720545.gsb)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp785.html)
response,4899212

SIM_Internet::CopyFileToServer(/gratuitousspacebattles/server/postchallenge.php)
CopyFileToServer ends
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp184.html)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/campaignoutcomes.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp360.html)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/camp_chall.txt)

SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4740878.gsb)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/campaignoutcomes.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp342.html)

SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4822564.gsb)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp381.html)

SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\HAF 912\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/challenges/4890690.gsb)
[/code]

Initialising 3D Engine in fullscreen mode Driver : nvd3dum.dll Description : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti DeviceName : \\.\DISPLAY1 Checking For Shader Support NumSimultaneousRTs:4 hal_caps.PixelShaderVersion >= D3DPS_VERSION(2, 0) About to Create 3D Device with width: 1920 and height : 1080 Attempting hardware Vertex Processing Finished initialising 3D Engine Initialising Render target of 512 X 512 rt_ship rt_ship Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_offscreen1 rt_offscreen1 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_offscreen2 rt_offscreen2 Initialising Render target of 2048 X 2048 rt_transition rt_transition campaign_title_2048.bmp cwfont20.dds zekton16.dds debris.dds contrails.dds escapepod.dds escapepodengines.dds shield_impact.dds client_interlace.dds dialog_client.dds 19px_highlight.dds 19px_highlight_black.dds smokeclouds.dds runninglight.dds shield_collapse.dds border_depth.dds box_background.jpg textbutton.dds textbutton_h.dds circular_wipe.dds menu_backdrop.jpg dialog_titlebar.dds tab.dds tab_h.dds tab_selected.dds gui_scrollup.dds gui_scrollup_h.dds gui_scrolldown.dds gui_scrolldown_h.dds fed_turret_las_v1.dds hex_box.dds fed_turret_las_v2.dds fed_turret_las_v3.dds fed_turret_las_v5.dds fed_turret_las_v4.dds fed_turret_bull_v2.dds fed_turret_miss_v3.dds order_turret_tract2.dds square_box.dds fed_turret_miss_v1.dds pd_v1.dds fed_turret_ecm_v1.dds button_close.dds button_close_h.dds modebutton.dds modebutton_h.dds cruiser normal.dds fed_turret_miss_v4.dds order_turret_mis4.dds module_crew.dds module_crew5.dds module_shield_v7.dds module_shield_v6.dds module_armour_v5.dds module_tribe_repair.dds module_carrier.dds module_engine_6.dds module_powergen_v9.dds ship_slot_line.dds ship_slot_spot.dds textbox_darken.dds tooltip.dds gui_file_delete.dds gui_file_delete_h.dds Federation Whale Dreadnought.dds federation_turret_pd_v1.dds module_crew3.dds prae_dummyshp_AI_up_v10.dds module_engine_auto.dds prae_dummyshp_AI_up_v2.dds tractor_turret_v2.dds module_powergen_dreadnaught.dds prae_dummyshp_AI_up_v7.dds prae_cruiser_command_v1.dds module_crew2.dds module_crew4.dds module_crew_reinforced.dds module_powergen_v7.dds module_powergen_v8.dds module_powergen_antigrav.dds module_powergen_v5.dds module_repair.dds module_repair_armor_1.dds module_repair_armor_2.dds module_target1.dds module_target2.dds prae_dummyshp_AI_up_v9.dds scenario_skirmish.dds scenario_survival.dds bg1_icon.jpg achieve_empty.dds achieve_bronze.dds module_locked.dds Alliance Alligator Cruiser.dds Imperial Centurion Cruiser.dds Rebel Valkyrie Cruiser.dds Drakar Battleship.dds LHM-BB01 Minerva.dds borg_emblem.dds Dominator Cruiser.dds Corrupt Eagle Cruiser.dds Alliance Shark Cruiser.dds Alliance Tarantula Fighter.dds Alliance Wasp Frigate.dds Imperial Hasta Frigate.dds Imperial Javelin Fighter.dds Imperial Legion Cruiser.dds Federation Hawk Fighter.dds Federation Panther Cruiser.dds Federation Wolf Frigate.dds Rebel Achilles Fighter.dds Rebel Fenrir Cruiser.dds Rebel Loki Frigate.dds Nomad Duwasir Fighter.dds

5/7/2012 - 21::30 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::30 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::30 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::31 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::33 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::34 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::35 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::35 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::35 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::35 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59 5/7/2012 - 21::36 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignProgress.cpp,linenum:574,build:Full 1.59

Moved topic to Support subforum for help.