Can someone help me with this....

I am trying to create a social event but I can’t seem to figure out why I cannot get it to show up…

#,NORMAL,stroll,A Stroll in the Park,Invite a small group of friends on a stroll through the park.,Walk,,,"_random,1.0","A few of us are going on a stroll through the park, would you like to join us?",0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,4,#,"conversation,1.0","culture,0.5",#,"stress,-0.3,0.3","boredom,-0.25,0.5",#,#,"glob_outdoors,1.0,0",,,,,,,

Also can I have suggestions on the number values? I am confused with most of them.

I tweaked it a little, and this version worked in my game:

#,NORMAL,stroll,A Stroll in the Park,Invite a small group of friends on a stroll through the park.,Walk,"_random,1.0",“A few of us are going on a stroll through the park, would you like to join us?”,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,4,#,“conversation,1.0”,“culture,0.5”,#,“stress,-0.3,0.3”,“boredom,-0.25,0.5”,“glob_outdoors,1.0,0”,#,

thanks it works for me now too! I wanted at least 1 cheap or free culture event since so many cultured people became my friends and they cost so much to entertain!

What did you change that made it show up? :slight_smile:

I wish I knew! I put your code under the code for tennis, since that seemed most like what you were doing. Then I looked at every character and changed ones that seemed too different. In other words, I have no idea what I’m doing, but whatever it is seems to work. :slight_smile:

Hmm. I certainly sympathize with that desire, but just walking in the park doesn’t seem like culture to me. How about changing the activity to Shakespeare in the Park? A lot of cities have free Shakespeare performances in the summer. There are also some parks that have sculpture gardens, and I can imagine walking through the sculpture garden as being culture. Either of those work for you?

Never thought of those! That would be very cool! You seem to better know what you are doing so go for it! :slight_smile:

I also was thinking that it would be cool if you could get a radio and invite people over to listen to music on different stations… but i dunno if you can add items cause they have pictures. Radio being cheaper than an mp3 player with no extra daily fee for song downloading.

mod-wise, you can easily add graphics to the game, just put the appropriately named new image file in the bitmaps/assets directory.