cat and dog

how can i remove dog and cat ? pls help

Hi Kyra_93!

Unfortunately there’s no way in the game to sell your pets (cat/dog/fish) but, at least with the fish, you can just not feed them until they die. If you don’t want to do that then you can edit your savegame file and remove the pet. This will leave you with the pet still hanging around your character but you won’t have to worry about feeding them.

To delete them:

1. Find your savegame file. In Windows 7 this is usually under “My Documents\My Games\Kudos 2\savegames”. I’m pretty sure Windows XP will also have it under the “My Documents” folder.
  2. Backup your savegame file. Just make a copy and leave it in that directory.
  3. Edit your savegame in Notepad. Be sure you don’t use Word or Wordpad as these will wreck the savegame.
  4. Find the section:
dog

and delete it (if you do a search for “dog” it should be quick). Make sure you only delete the above lines otherwise you might wreck your savegame [but you’ll have backed it up so it won’t matter :)].

SomeGuyInABikini, breeder of the ghost greyhound and the phantom fish

Maybe I’m imagining things but doesn’t the dog run away if you can’t feed it anymore? I feel like I’ve had this happen…perhaps I’m imagining it.