I have been player GSB for 1 week, it’s quite fun once the game is on, but i have some troubles with finding challenge challenges. Basically, for the owner of the base game without DLC, it’s quite hard to find some interesting ones from the in game lobby :
- half of them use DLC race
- half of the rest does not, but for some reason is still tied to some DLC
- more than half of the rest seems to be some specific experiments that are instantly stomped with a quite generic fleet
And if you want to test a specific fleet it’s very hard because you wont find a game that have the same requirements easily. Then, there are a couple of crash from time to time.
Basically only 10% of the challenges could start and be challenging.
Games listed on the forum are often better because the author cared more when designing them and because it’s often better described so you know what you are about to jump in, but is there a way to type the number from the game list screen ? i have only been able to sort by game ID and trying to scroll there, but it’s not very convenient.
Since I’m just a newbie maybe I’m doing something wrong, but i could not find how to work around those issues on my own so feel free to suggest.
But if I’m not, let me give a few ideas to the game designer :
- Don’t display games players can’t play in the game list (or at least show an option to hide them)
- Show the credit limit in the game list screen
- Create a URL handler for something like gsb://challenge#123456 (with 123456 being the game ID) so that you can just click a link on the forum and launch the desired challenge
But let me just say that that i was globally positively surprised about how interesting the game is, even if those issues means i feel there is some unused potential.