Change resolution to 800x600?

I like to play this game on my laptop whose native resolution is 1280x800. There were some problems with that, and the recommended workaround I’ve read here is to enabled windowed mode. However, in windowed mode, the resolution defaults to 1024x768. I prefer to set my Windows taskbar to be “always on top”. That way, when I maximize my windows, the taskbar will still be visible.

So I would like to ask if there is any way I can change the game’s resolution to 800x600?

Hmmm, I think you’ll find that the resolution can’t really be changed that low. If it can’t be, might I suggest you run the game 1024x768 and have your Windows taskbar “autohide”, at least whilst playing Kudos, that way it’s still on-top, but doesn’t get in the way :slight_smile: Either that or buy a 24" monitor, then you won’t have this issue again :slight_smile:

Wayno, welcomes Shmutt to zee forums

Hee. Thanks thanks.

Anyway, I’m asking because I’m…er…playing it on my work laptop. :wink: At home I have a PC with a 19" monitor, so it’s not really an issue.

Yeah, I now set the taskbar property “keep taskbar on top” to false. :slight_smile:

Ahhh, those pesky work laptops… why can’t our companies just give us alienware laptops and be done with it? I promise I’d be 10% more productive with one of those babies. When I was working and not playing games that is.

Wayno, would never pay more than $6,000 for a laptop!