- Altered mod support so that entire languages can be added as a mod.
- Achievements rebalanced and some bugs fixed that prevented triggering.
- Hyperinflation situation now has worse effect on Trade, plus upsets the wealthy and self employed.
- Added Italian translations for France,Germany and Canada missions.
- Fixed bug where changes to term length and limit may not be saved.
- Added option to disable political capital system entirely.
- Fixed issue where the new turn report did not remove a minister demand that had already been met that turn.
- Income from graduate tax now mostly dependent on education levels. Also high graduate taxes now reduce education.
- Improved the algorithm controlling global CO2 emissions over time.
- Banning Divorce, Legalizing sex work, and abortion policies now all also affect Gender Equality.
- Fixed bug where the campaigning ability indicator was missing on the minister details screen.
- Added new search bar for icons on the main screen triggered from new button at the top.
- Fixed anomlay where the back button did not launch the political capital spending confirmation on the policy screen.
- Added totally new voter analysis screen at the end of an election.
- Changed the way voters pick parties which should fix coalitions being so rare.
- Fixed crash bug when hitting the escape key while a drop down list was opened.
- Fixed very annoying bug where opposition party memberships/colors may have been swapped between turns!
- Fixed modding issue where names for ministers/voters did not load in correctly.
- Fixed crash on compass or load game screen where a save game existed from a modded country that has been uninstalled.
- Fixed offscreen input to average temperature.
- Fixed Speeches so that state employees and self employed can come up more often as a conflicting choice.
- Fixed crash bug when political capital is disabled and you reshuffle cabinet often.
- Fixed bug where reshuffling a minister, then reassigning them could result in a temporarily missing icon.
- Fixed some missing sound effects.
- Improved bottom section of election results screen so that you can see individual data for every party in 3 party elections.
- Fixed bug in the voting intentions chart which over-estimated the chances of people voting for the player in 3 party elections.
- New option: Mute (or not) when game loses focus to alt+tab.
- New option: cap (or not) to 60 FPS.
- Fixed text-wrap bug on political capital slider popup on policy screen in certain scenarios.
- Improvements to Italian translation.
- Fixed crash bug on multi party elections.
- Added new country: Australia!
- Faith School Subsidies now reduce teacher shortages situation.
- Speech animation now affected by UI animation speed slider.
- Hospital overcrowding slightly harder to trigger.
- Fixed bug where initial donors and ministers only had sympathy to the same 4 groups.
- Fixed glitch on assassination screen where icon backgrounds could be corrupted.
- Fixed bug where reshuffling a minister back into a different job could occasionally leave their icon offscreen.
- Average temperature (climate change effectively) now increases immigration when it gets really high.
- Slightly reduced impact on Liberals of internet censorship.
- Executive Term Length changes now have no implementation delay.
- Political capital screen now shows a tooltip to explain the political honeymoon.
- Oil drilling subsidies now reduce the number of environmentalists.
- Pollution has slightly less impact on growth of environmentalism.
- Reduced impact of executive term length on Liberals.
- Reduced impact of Private Prisons on Trade Unionists.
- Political honeymoon option now also starts the player with a short-term post-election happiness boost for all voters.
- Added tooltips to focus group perceptions/ministers etc to show exact values.
- Adjustments to the impacts of legalizing sex work and narcotics policies on organised crime.
- Media events that have been triggered now become available again 36 turns later.
- Third party now slightly less likely to get votes in a three party system.
- The Space Program policy now boosts internet speed at a high level due to satelite tech.
- Cyclones are now slightly more likely.
- Various Achievements made easier.
- Added new policy: Retirement Age.
- Donors will now quit if you implement a policy suggestion of theirs but later cancel it.
- Food Banks, Homelessness and Cyclones are now more easily triggered.
- Lots of adjustments to events to make rare events happen more often, and prevent the same ones happening too often.
- Cancelling a policy you pledged to cut now counts as a pledge honored, and vice versa.
- The political compass on main menu now has an option to show you this months average election victory locations for each country.
- Fixed Anything Goes achievement bug where the gambling requirement was inverted.
- Reduced the impact on minister loyalty of seeing a fellow minister fired from -10% to -6%.
- Germany: ID cards are now biometric from the start.
- Germany: Starts with higher technology colleges.
- Germany: Reduced strength of CCTV policy.
- Germany: Added Game hunting restrictions and right to privacy (GDPR).
- Germany: Added cultural boost to productivity.
- Germany: Boosted Labour laws strength.
- Added negative impact on corporate exodus when worker productivity is high.
- Germany: Added geographical reduction to traffic congestion.
- Germany: Added Bus Subsidies.
- Ctrl+f is now a shortcut to opening the main UI search UI or new policy search UI.
- Re-write of party loyalty and membership system to allow parties to adjust towards your position to win support.
- Policies can now be mutually exclusive, cancelling others when implemented, such as income tax and flat tax.
- UK: Now has Hybrid Car Initiative.
- The People Smuggling dilemma options now also impact future immigration levels.
- Faster game start.
- Some previously hidden effects are now visible: The policy outputs that affect a policy cost or income.
- The sort order for potential ministers, voter groups and inputs/outputs to sim values and situations are all now saved.
- Illegal Immigration amnesty dilemma now has effects on future immigration.
- Rebalance of some events to happen more or less often.
- Rebalance of all dilemmas to make trigger frequencies more sensible
- Customizable party colors.
- Editable minister names (just click on them).10) Fixed issue where older modded policies caused errors when loading.
- Some performance increases for low-spec video cards.
- Fixed some anomalous effects and effect charts for high,middle,low income and a few others.
- Fixed the timeline icons on the voter details screen occasionally being off-center.
- Fixed bug where mods could cause extra entries in the drop-down list for languages on the options screen.
- You can now click on effects on a voter groups income or membership and it takes you to the right screen.
- Fixed bug where policy icons were invisible if you can cancelled a policy and later re-implemented it.
- Framerate improvement for video cards that seem fill-rate limited for screens with full-screen dialog windows.
- Improved algorithm for voter turnout which results in much more sensible (and often higher) results.
- Added Brazilian Portuguese Translation!
- Many effects that reduce crime and violent crime now take longer, and some inputs to crime and violent crime are stronger.
- The cyberbullying situation now boosts the violent crime rate.
- Many effects the boost education now take effect over a longer period.
- Policies that affect technology positively now take longer to achieve that effect.
- Industrial automation now has a stronger impact on unemployment.
- Technology now causes unemployment directly at a higher level.
- Homelessness now influenced by population and more strongly influenced by other factors.
- Fixed potentially bad memory leak if you repeatedly launch the load game or save game window with lots of save games.
- Lots of balance changes.
- Revamp of immigration, now split into legal and illegal, refugee policy added, and immigration rules policy added. Illegal immigration crisis situation added.
- Real estate bubble situation now upsets the poor.
- Relaxing planning laws dilemma now affects the real estate bubble situation.
- Fixed Empty Homes tax which had a reversed impact on socialism.
- Some changes to immigration and illegal immigration effects to improve balance.
- RGB number now added to the color picker sliders.
- Changes to credit rating calculations, so QE & Helicopter money now only affect it through inflation. Stability also affects credit rating too now.
- Added French, German and Spanish language!
- Workers on boards added to French mission.
- Fixed bug on retirement age selecting top slider value.
- High corruption now impacts the cost of the military.
- Fixed a bug that caused an unnecessary error message when selecting a language that exists purely in a mod.
- Re-balancing of some event triggers.
- Road building changed so that it no longer appears to boost car usage at minimum policy level (moved to default value).
- Added mouseover information for each point on the historical finance chart.
- The global economy fluctuates more randomly now.
- Improvements to some internal balancing systems should make the game swing less suddenly between success and failure.
- The next turn report now includes a warning that the voters have detected a policy reversal.
- New policies: Religious Tax, Religious banknotes, State Religion and Ban Women from driving.
- New country: Spain.
- Certain event windows such as donor changes, credit rating changes and assassination attempts now have a details button.
- Population variable now correctly taken into account everywhere that a number of voters is listed.
- Unemployment benefit now has an admin cost even at full employment.
- New turn report screen now (mostly) sorts items by importance and only shows the top 8 most important items.
- You can no longer quit the speech progress screen while the speech is being given.
- Cynicism from pre-election policy changes is now triggered more easily.
- Fixed display bug when almost all policies have been implemented.
- Save games now dont have strange dates ands times when saved at certain times (They always use 2 digit numbers now).
- Made it easier to click on an individual voter from the bottom chart on the voter happiness screen.
- Fixed bug where clicking on the pie chart in expenses / income could generate a window underneath the current one.
- Fixed bug where occasionally in ‘value’ icon mode, simulation values in tooltips were incorrect.
- Fixed bug where some effects of potential policies were left of the list on small screen resolutions.
- Spain Executive term length now set correctly at 4 years.
- Fixed bug where the mouseover values on the finance chart showed yearly, not quarterly income values.
- Increased some policy start values in germany to reduce starting obesity.
- Impact of both types of immigration on healthcare demand reduced.
- Fixed Global Economy so it does not get stuck so badly in deep recession any more.
- Global economy now affects immigration (legal) There are more economic migrants when the global economy is low.
- Maternity leave now costs the government money when set at a high level (maternity pay paid by state).
- Regional war event now also boosts illegal immigration.
- Impact of retirement age on state pension cost doubled.
- Changed a bunch of inputs to education so they take longer. High poverty rate now negatively impacts education.
- Fixed issues running on low res screens, so minimum screen height is now only 768 res.
- Achievements window now has 4 columns on really large screens.
- Fixed bug where perception inputs window could open behind the spin event results.
- Some graphical ‘polish’ changes.
- Germany - Reduced strength of Welfare Fraud Dept.
- Germany - Reduced spending on Disability benefit
- Germany - Wire Tapping added at a low level.
- Germany - Immigration and Refugee rules more lenient.
- Germany - Charity tax Relief increased.
- Germany - Added a carbon tax.
- New Policies: Unexplained Wealth orders, Border Navy, Packaging Tax, Plastics Tax, Water Meters, Desalination Plants.
- Mortgage tax relief now less costly to implement, Food labelling slightly more costly.
- Removed duplicate link between Inflation and Cryptocurrency adoption.
- Fixed bug where credit rating not displayed correctly on tooltip for credit rating change.
- Rebalance of the likelihood of many dilemmas triggering
- Doctors strike situation less directly tied to state health care now, more related to wages.
- Rail Strike situation less directly tied to state rail now, more related to wages.
- Luddite riots now less immediately triggered, and also suppressed by Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets and Water Cannons.
- Tasers no longer useful against Race Riots, but Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets and Water Cannons now work against them.
- Fixed wrong requirements in guides for top marx achievement.
- Changes to UK starting conditions to include many policies that should be already in place.
- Changes to USA starting conditions to include many policies that should be already in place.
- CO2 Emissions have a stronger affect now on Average Temperature
- Road Building now has a more skewed and stronger negative effect on traffic congestion.
- Cyclones now easier to trigger.
- Fixed achievement bug that meant some achievements were unusually hard.
- A whole bunch of previously super-hard achievements are now a bit easier.
- Events have been re-balanced.
- Images now shown and UI improved slightly for mod browsing screen.
- Unexplained Wealth Order policy now reduces Tax Evasion.
- Nicer main menu background.
- Election results now always have a few token votes for every party regardless how unpopular.
- Election day voting is counted in a more interesting order so the result is more nail-biting.
- When a policy change is interpreted as cynical, a warning is now shown on the next turn report.
- A new warning is now given in the middle of your last term that you might want to lengthen term limits.
- Tourism is now impacted by banning women from driving, alcohol and narcotics laws and legalizing sex work.
- Fixed bug preventing some inputs to an effect on the right-click menu for an effect showing up correctly.
- Policy popularity now calculated only by asking those voters who have an opinion, and counting relative likes/dislikes.
- Policy Popularity icon mode now displays icon size as a count of those with opinions, color as the relative like/dislike.
- Main menu icon sizing modes now allow for much bigger and much smaller icons.
- Fixed bug where voters had infinite memories of policy changes for detecting reversals. Corrected to only 24 turns.
- Launching the intel screen now closes any open minister details windows.
- Fundraising chart for parties overhauled so its less confusing and shows donor/member split over time.
- Tax Evasion now also caused by high sales tax and affects sales tax income.
- Reduced impact of public tax returns on corruption and tax evasion.
- Cryptocurrency now causes some CO2, and boosts Internet Crime and Organized Crime slightly.
- Fixed incorrect or broken effects & costs for EV transition, Plant Based Diets, Judicial Independence, Nuclear Fission.
- Changed scaling for simulation values so in ‘value’ mode they show difference from the midpoint.
- Added South Korea as a playable country!
- Added support for country-specific minister art groups.
- Improvements to how sensibly the icons are positioned on the main UI.
- UK now has Tobacco Awareness Campaign enabled to reflect the warnings on packets.
- Reforestation policy is now slower to implement, and slower to impact the environment.
- Synthetic meat research now boosts plant based diets, and pleases instead of upsetting environmentalists.
- Improved election analysis screen so it uses tiny people symbols rather than an ambiguous ‘dot’.
- Slightly boosted impact of voter ‘complacency’ over time for when they start to take the governments policies for granted.
- Fixed a bug that artificially limited how complacent voter groups could be at a lower level than it should.
- Party analysis screen now also uses people icons instead of meaningless dots.
- Possible fix for rare bug where alt-tabbing to and from the game can lead to ‘phantom clicks’ on items like the next turn button.
- Fixed bug where the background fade effect disappeared when canceling an industry privatization.
- Improved new game debt slider so it always defaults to the middle and allows zero or doubling the debt.
- Added Tobacco Awareness Campaign to the Canada, Australia and Spain missions.
- Cynicism has a stronger effect now.
- Added a link between inequality (low equality) and violent crime.
- Added a link between average temperature and violent crime.
- Edits to South Korea Mission: President not Prime Minister, Removed Royal Family, Added State Broadcaster.
- Fixed bug where the North Korea threat could we warned about to any country!
- New Australia-specific dilemma: Mining on aboriginal lands.
- Australia gets a default energy industry boost, and some other values have been tweaked.
- Australia now has stronger impacts on CO2 from renewable energy due to good solar power potential.
- Fixed bug where the financial cost of situations never seemed to change.
- France and Germany now have an EU Contribution situation that costs money, Spain has EU Subsidy situation as income.
- Added EU Monetary policy to France, Germany and Spain. Effectively uncancellable Quantitative Easing.
- Members of the EU can no longer impose capital controls.
- Optimizations to startup, and general UI.
- EU countries now have a 4x multiplier to the political capital required to change immigration / tariff rules, due to needing EU agreement.
- The US now has custom names for ministers (like sec of state etc…)
- The US now has reduced anger at handgun laws from parents, reduced anger at armed police from liberals, and higher default racial tension due to it’s history.
- UK now has a monarchy situation.
- Added Nuclear Weapons policy.
- Fixed tooltips on customise mission screen, and we now hide 3rd party details if not enabled.
- Fixed bug where strart of new game added one turn’s deficit to the debt.
- Increased Canadian governemnt debt to the correct (much higher) figure.
- Private Prisons now also reduce the severity of prison overcrowding.
- Fixed exploit where the list of speech soundbytes got recreated each time you launched that window.
- Internet censorship and tough handgun laws now slightly boosts security.
- Mandatory Microchip Implants also boost security.
- Right to Privacy and Mandatory Microchip implants now cannot be implemented together.
- Tough Handgun laws now reduce the likelihood of Armed Religious Communities.
- Strong intellectual property rights now increase likelihood of the Black market situation.
- Labor day holiday now makes trade unionists happy and boost their membership slightly.
- At high levels, the telecommuting initiative now boosts worker productivity.
- Closing all airports now cannot be combined with a state airline, and vice versa.
- Limiting or banning cars in cities now boosts bus usage (which also has a secondary effect on car usage).
- Strong alcohol restrictions now encourage organised crime.
- All the influences on the Drug Addiction situation now take longer to have an effect.
- Legalizing gay marriage can boost the cost of married tax allowances policy by up to 7%.
- High speed rail subsidies now reduce the chance of a rail strike.
- The Burning holy building event now understandably upsets religious voters.
- Nuclear Weapons now upset Environmentalists.
- Fixed bug where some text was not translated correctly if the whole language was from a steam workshop mod.
- Hospital Overcrowding now contributes after a delay to a Doctors Strike.
- Some event & situation balancing, including food banks influenced by inequality and charity.
- Drug Addiction will now feed into homelessness.
- Oil Demand and time now feed into the likelihood of Power Blackouts (unless mitigated by renewables/nuclear/efficiency).
- Added Russian and Polish language!
- Removed duplicate effect from firearms laws to armed religious communities.
- Removed duplicate impacts on luddite riots.
- Fixed some harmless debug warnings about missing neurons.
- Intel readouts are now inverted for situations where a policy reduces security effectiveness, such as Press Freedom.
- Fixed error where a total ban on handguns actually reduced security, instead of boosting it. Ooops.
- Fixed support for names for each slider setting in modded policies.
- EU situation now renamed to EU membership, also now boosts stability and foreign investment.
- EU countries now benefit from the Erasmus programme, which boosts youth income & happiness and also education.
- Import tariffs can now not be implemented by EU members.
- Made some impacts of banning low mpg cars scaled by EV transition, and introduced support for inverse variables and 6-variable equations.
- Cyberbullying Awareness Policy now slightly reduces Internet Crime.
- Universal Basic Income (UBI) cost now quadrupled so it reflects the correct figure.
- The Polarization situation now explains its effects better.
- Fixed some places where non English text was missing or did not fit nicely.
- Payroll tax, property tax, car tax and inheritance tax now also contribute towards the tax evasion situation.
- Organised Crime situation now causes corruption.
- Low judicial independence now actually causes some corruption.
- Banning sunday shopping now decreases liberalism over time.
- Doubled the political capital requirements for making changes to competition law.
- Added Italy as a playable country!
- Massive increase in the economic impact of Organised Crime. (also skewed higher).
- EU membership is now shown as a fixed cause of EU monetary policy.
- Costs of some situiations adjusted. Inner City Riots lower, Class warfare and other riots/protests much higher.
- Added new policy: CO2 awareness campaign. Active for italy, due to school climate lessons.
- Competition law is now an uncancellable policy.
- Accepting donor demands now boosts corruption, reduces trust and reduces democracy temporarily.
- Fixed bug where EU membership and some other special situations seemingly randomly just deactivate.
- Some rendering optimisations to improve performance for low-end video cards.
- Rebalancing of the maximum level of interest on government debt and the way the credit rating is calculated.
- Top conceivable interest on government debt has been reduced to accurately reflect current global economic situation.
- Removed duplicate impact on security from mandatory microchip implants (2 appearances on security screen)
- Reduced Technology impact of driverless car laws by 50%.
- Doubled the cost of Stem Cell policy.
- Reduced Technology impact of Technology Colleges by 25%
- Boosted Technology impact of Rare Earth Refinement by 100%.
- Reduced Technology impact of Technology Grants by 25%.
- Illegal immigration situation is now slightly harder to trigger, easier to solve.
- The Private Space Program,Armed Religious Communities and Doctors Strike situations are now harder to trigger.
- Egalitarian society situation no longer influenced by Education, but needs Gender Equality and low Generational Wealth Gap.
- Reduced link between Rare Earth Refinement and Productivity.
- Reduced impact of Alcohol Consumption on Productivity.
- Reduced default level of Productivity.
- Slowed most inputs to the Corporate Exodus situation by 50%.
- Slightly easier now to trigger the Teachers Strike.
- Plastics Tax and Packaging Tax are now also inputs to the Black Market situation.
- Homelessness,Antibiotics-ResitantBacteria,Class War and Food Banks situations now trigger more easily.
- Dilemmas rebalanced so some are more frequent, others less frequent.
- Bug fix for theoretically fixed situations like EU monetary policy stopping or starting.
- Media Monopoly situation now reduces Democracy.
- Fixed bug where some values on the ‘disposable income’ screen were inaccurate, or garbled (esp for South Korea).
- Car Emissions limit’s impact on motorists income is now scaled by inverse of EV transition.
- Cost of body cameras now scaled to numbers of police,community police & armed police.
- Fake news now increases chance/effect of Contagious disease situation and boosts racial tension.
- Fixed links for minister icons on main screen to correctly show inputs and outputs from them and their sympathy groups.
- Education now takes time (2 years) to feed through into a change in Productivity.
- Air travel now slower to respond to GDP, but boosts pollution more.
- Worker productivity impact on GDP now a gentler curve.
- GDP impact on unemployment now a gentler curve.
- GDP has a steeper impact on pollution, homelessness and car usage now.
- Corruption and average minister effectiveness now shown at the bottom of finance screen. Corruption affects policy costs/income now.
- Corruption and minister effectiveness now shown at bottom of finance history for each policy, mouseover shows cost impact of each.
- Corruption slightly boosts tax evasion now.
- Rebalanced many inputs from state services to state employee membership and unemployment to make them more accurate.
- Voter turnout is now generally higher in all situations.
[1.29 (In development)]
- Fixed bug relating to sound card drivers. Sound engine can now be overriden in prefs.ini
- Fixed issue where driverless cars situation would not trigger correctly.
- Party names can be edited simply by clicking the name instead of the up/down arrow now. (On customise mission screen).
- Party names on customize mission screen sorted alphabetically, and scale to whole window if only 2 parties selected.
- Fixed a bug where disabling the third party on countries that have it by default was being ignored.
- Fixed crash bug when renaming a minister then clicking next turn.
- Re-designed immigration system so factors feed into immigration demand, which then applies to illeghal or normal immigration depending on rules.
- New gears icon shows and is clickable on a policy or other effect that has additional factors included in its calculations.
- Rebalance of GDP at the high end, so that some inputs fade off their effects gradually, making maximum GDP harder to attain.
- Pollution now contributes to Respiratory Diseases.
- The Real Estate Bubble makes people more socialist.(anger at house prices).
- New tab on choose country screen shows special adjustments to the games code made for each country.
- Added country flag to election results screen.
- Fixed dumb bug where after 49 victory entries in the political compass, the last one got overridden constantly.
- Welfare fraud department now boosts Bureaucracy slightly whereas Universal Basic Income (UBI) reduces it.
- No achievement checks are now carried out if the game has had political capital disabled.
- Private space program now harder to achieve
- Socialists now slightly angered by the Gig Economy.
- Gridlock and Obesity situations now slightly rarer.
- Prison overcrowding now equally reduced by state and private prisons.
- Black market situation slightly easier to trigger.