- Installer now offers to install visual studio 2013 redistributable, in case player does not have it already.
- Both payroll tax and stability now have inputs to triggering the Corporate Exodus situation.
- Stopped showing slider change explanations where there is insufficient room.
- A global option has been added to control speed of UI animations.
- Technology colleges now have no equality or socialism impact.
- New uncancellable policy of Selective Schooling added.
- Fixed crash when 2 save games exist from the exact same minute.
- Fixed crash when the last policy in the foreign affairs policy group was implemented and you click new policy.
- Added a new back button, with hotkeys to help you navigate the simulation, at top right of many screens.
- All nationalised industries can now be run at a profit, if so desired.
- Changes to a number of tax-evasion situations and their triggers/effects for added realism.
- Changes to how voters join/leave parties. More information shown in focus group/party screen for this.
- Government debt now affects business confidence and stability.
- Mortgage Tax Relief now increases the Generational Wealth Gap
- Compulsory church attendence now costs more political capital and school prayer costs less.
- Rural development grants cost more $ but less political capital, and raise car & trains usage.
- Youth club subsidies reduce cyber bullying.
- High levels of technology and science funding now reduce the brain drain situation.
- Fixed a bug where the back-button could be used when it should not be possible or valid.
- Added new policy: Cyberbullying awareness campaign.
- Changed display of income/cost history on the policy screen so chart goes right up to the present turn.
- Reduced darkness of dark mode.
- Fixed bug where manifesto pledges could go over 100%, or could be invalid if based on currently changing policy values.
- Hospital overcrowding now also reduced by private healthcare, and effect of state healthcare reduced slightly.
- Reduced the political capital costs for introducing or raising a number of very controversial policies.
- Increased strength of link between health and healthcare demand
- Hospital overcrowding now has a lingering impact on healthcare demand for 4 years after ending.
- Street gangs, Race Riots, Drug Addiction & Vigilantes now fuel Violent Crime.
- Adjusted the rate and extent to which voucher systems impact poverty and inequality.
- Narcotics policy now has several more steps, and the effects have been adjusted to compensate.
- Synthetic meat research grants now reduce chance of a water shortage.
- School and Healthcare vouchers now directly boost income for all.
- Reduced total arts subsidy costs.
- Armed police policy now also affects unemployment and state employees like non-armed police.
- Removed redundant customize mission options for hurricanes & earthquakes. Now set per-country.
- Banning livestock imports now raises food prices.
- Fixed state schools description and added a negative impact on capitalists.
- Renamed and adjusted slider names for Creationism.
- Vertical farming now reduces water shortage chances.
- Debt to GDP ratio now upsets capitalists at the high end.
- Fixed instances where effects on some income levels had no name in the UI.
- Armed police now reduce chances of vigilante mobs.
- Main UI visual controls now have tooltips, and the ‘weighted’ option takes popularity into account as well.
- Renamed Monorail policy and added slider and new description.
- QE and Helicopter money both now devalue your currency.
- Fixed inputs for election perceptions not working.
- High investment in high speed rail now decreases air travel & boosts productivity and trade.
- Very fast internet speeds now reduce car usage due to working from home.
- Drug addiction also now mitigated by armed police and community police.
- Added Oil Pipeline as a USA-only dilemma.
- Added USA as playable country.
- Fixed bug where the event and spin events screens showed a reduced value for the real effects of each event, and missed out some.
- Reduced strength of hospital overcrowding impact on parents.
- New policy effects preview UI
- Categories go red in new policies screen if not selectable
- Private space program easier to trigger, especially with high military.
- Adjustments to the way policy popularity is calculated.
- Edit to US description to break out latino vote.
- Fixes to voucher descriptions
- Fixed bug where party loyalties got stuck and never went down, resulting in weird election results.
- Agriculture subsidies no longer directly have a negative impact on health.
- Various tweaks to event triggers.
- Driverless cars now have more effects including obesity, retired people, gig economy etc.
- Adjustments to simulation to make it harder to max/min certain values like GDP, Crime etc.
- A doctors strike is now less likely during a contagious disease.
- Changed inputs to Gender Equality so they combine to be higher, and never reduce equality accidentally.
- Fixed death penalty so that it is never considered compassionate.
- Fake news formula adjusted to make more sense.
- Various adjustments to starting policy levels for the USA mission.
- New tooltip-graph on mouseover for effects shows the plotted graph and current position.
- Many policies, sim values & situations adjusted to make fighting crime & violent crime harder.
- Added two new policies: Drug treatment scheme and Drug Enforcement agency.
- Regional wars have an impact on stability now.
- Rail Strikes are worse for both commuters and GDP.
- Ghettos now help to cause polarization.
- Increased impact of generational wealth gap on youth.
- Female Genital Mutilation now renamed and applies to males too, and is default (for females) for UK & USA.
- Applied a negative hit to GDP on higher rates of tax for Income,Capital Gains,Payroll,Sales and corporate taxes.
- Capitalists are a bit angrier about debt, Trade unionists angrier about unemployment.
- Added State Airline, and State Post-service policies.
- Re-designed voter group membership to prevent influence of socialist opinions when a capitalist etc.
- New policy for nuclear fission
- Support for equations to control how costs and income from policies/situations are calculated instead of a simple linear ramp.
- PrtSc key on keyboard now drops a screenshot in \my documents\my games\democracy 4\screenshots in png format.
- Socialists are now pleased by state energy companies and state pensions.
- High currency strength has stronger and more skewed impacts on tourism and international trade.
- Fixed broken links between drug enforcement and organised crime and poverty and violent crime.
- Youth club subsides reduce street gangs slightly now.
- There is now a middle color (orange) for showing popularity of policies in icon mode.
- Fixed a bug where a white rectangle might be shown on the next turn report (representing everyone group).
- Another change to game calculation model to make extremes less likely.
- Fixed bug that prevented luxury goods tax income correctly scaling by the amount of wealthy people.
- Fixed duplicate capital gains impact on GDP.
- Organic Food Subsidies now reduce water shortage situation and also reduce food price.
- Disguised Employment dilemma now works as an input to how likely the gig economy situation is.
- Young people are now more likely to be liberal, retired are more likely to be conservative.
- Clean energy subsidies now reduce oil demand, instead of improving energy efficiency.
- Removed duplicate link from legalizing sex work to organised crime.
- Policy effects preview no longer lets you see untriggered situations.
- Reduced impact of legal aid on the poor.
- Reduced impact of gated communities on crime.
- Boosted impact of unemployment on crime.
- Reduced the impact of a number of policies on environmentalist happiness.
- Rubber Bullets, tear gas and water cannon policies affect compassion now.
- Child benefit, Childcare and Parenting lessons affect gender equality now.
- Effects now have a simple tooltip again, but right clicking shows the graph window which also shows any other inputs affecting them.
- The time it takes for many anti-crime and violent crime policies to take effect has been lengthened and effect reduced, as well as normal crime.
- Cyberwarfare situation now also boosts crime rate.
- Lots of adjustments to situations, policies and simulation data so that Health is not so easy to max out so rapidly.
- Fixed some events that never, or rarely triggered.
- Scaled political capital cost of cancelling a policy based on how strongly the policy is currently set.
- Slowed down rate at which changes to military spending take effect.
- Made some of the policies that please environmentalists take longer for them to have an effect on their happiness.
- Slight adjustments to debt crisis and corporate exodus to make them less catastrophic.
- Fixed policy details screen so it will correctly scale vertically if required and room is available.
- Donors and ministers will now not suggest a policy that benefits one of their sympathy groups if it also upsets the other group.
- Changes to Border Controls, Border Wall and Close Airports to make them more effective at high levels at reducing immigration.
- Reduced impact of immigration on the proportion of ethnic minorities.
- Fixed bug which prevented a number of negative events from taking place.
- Rebalancing of lots of events that seemed very unlikely to trigger.
- Fixed incorrect data in the native species extinct event.
- Legalizing sex work now slightly pleases capitalists increases self employed membership And reduces black market situation.
- Reduced impact of policies that make farmers happier or increase their numbers.
- Working week now affects productivity.
- Its now impossible for the election to be a tie with exact same number of votes for 2 parties.
- Added link between Biofuel Subsidies and CO2Emissions.
- Income from Import Tariffs increased and is now scaled by international trade, Impact on trade reduced and slowed.
- Reduced impact of ministers campaigning ability on the final voting result.
- Fixed potential crash bug when cancelling every possible source of income, then checking the finance screen.
- Added Germany!
- Removed duplicate effect from internet currency taxation to internet currency adoption.
- Renamed Internet Currency to Cryptocurrency.
- Adjustments to all policies & situation affecting farmers, who were too easily pleased. Plus international trade and petrol tax now affect them.
- Improved terrorist plot details dialog screen shows current threat level and link to intel screen.
- New Policies: Financial Transactions tax, Proportional Fines and Ban Coal.
- Technology defaults lower, but is now boosted by high military spending.
- Fixed bug where party names lists seemed empty if screen height was 800 or lower.
- Violent Crime now harder to fix and also linked slightly to unemployment.
- Reduced the severity of gridlock situation.
- Reduced impact of some policies on environmentalist happiness.
- Fixed bug where the turn before an election, the election button remained red even after viewing that screen.
- Tweak to the default distribution of incomes to result in slightly more wealthy people in all countries.
- Tax breaks for foreign investors now only boost foreign investment (and slower), which then indirectly boosts GDP.
- Various GDP tweaks including moderating the impact of OilPrice on GDP by the Electric Car Transition.
- Fixed Germanys debt, which is not as catastrophic as we thought :D.
- Added some extra negative perception effects from selected policies, events and dilemma choices.
- You can now click an entry on the new policies potential effects list to go to that item.
- At very high levels state rail,air, post and energy now boost worker productivity.
- At extreme funding levels, state industries now slightly boost corruption.
- Corruption defaults to 40% instead of 30%
- Fixed dilemmas and events so that they use the correct name on tooltips when showing up as an effect.
- Added timeline of events under the 3 charts on the voter details screen.
- Effects of Drug and Alcohol taxes are now correctly scaled by alcohol and drug consumption
- Fixed wrong link between poverty rate and drug addiction.
- Fixed bug where occasionally a party donor had no profile picture.
- Added timeline icons to the voting intentions graph, and fixed layout of icons for other graphs.
- Fixed impacts on voter perceptions not showing up for event and dilemma screens.
- Torture Deportation decisions now affect voter perception of compassion.
- Ban Second Home Ownership & Empty Homes Tax now both reduce chances of a real-estate bubble.
- Added France!
- Socialists now less happy about some policies and improved reaction to income tax.
- Carbon Capture, Energy Efficiency and carbon tax now less effective against CO2.
- Reduced max interest rates on government debt.
- Border wall policy now requires the country have a land border :D.
- Country specific policies now excluded if unsuitable from donor demands and minister demands.
- Fixed broken link between working week and productivity.
- Sports team being gagged event no longer make patriots so insanely furious.
- Preview of effects on new policy screen now always sized correctly.
- Sliders on the policy screen now automatically spring to a valid position when you release your mouse.
- Right to privacy now upsets capitalists.
- Revamp on healthcare costs system so many items now affect healthcare demand which then affects healthcare costs.
- Added credits link to main menu.
- Reforestation now affects the environment.
- France now has ID cards and no more luxury goods tax.
- Shifted to native 64 bit support.
- Colorblind Support.
- Re-spaced the cost/income buttons on policy details screen and made them responsive to mouse.
- Changed how ministers and donors choose voter group sympathies so as to be more representative of the current demographics.
- Fixed broken link between banning second home ownership & socialism
- Dilemmas repeat only after twice the old duration now.
- Fixed multiple impacts on flat tax by tax evasion.
- A whole bunch of minor balance tweaks for each country.
- Added Canada! (and new northwest passage situation)
- Some speeding up of drawing the main interface.
- Stem Cell policy now only has a really strong effect on Religious voters in the US.
- Added Right To Die to Canada.
- Fixed a crash bug on intel screen with maximum terrorist threat
- Hide steam friends button when not logged in to steam.
- Some stability improvements.
- Removed duplicate link between obesity and healthcare demand.
- Fixed steam workshop installed mods list.
- Fixed duplicate impact on healthcare demand caused by violent crime.
- Fixed inverted impact of private schooling on poor income.
- You no longer see a party with absolutely no members or activists.
- Fixed incorrect count of party members in next turn screen when its very low.
- Steam now supports detailed status text when in game.
- Fixed broken in-game modding website link.
- Fixed support for loading in translation data for modded situations, sim values, events and dilemmas.
- Hopefully fixed a rogue red icon in the top left of the screen in some circumstances.
- Auto-switch to most powerful graphcis card if an nvidia or AMD card is rpesent
- Changed how labour laws are seen to affect strikes to prevent confusion.
- Respiratory disease now increases healthcare demand.
- Reforestation effect on the environment is now much slower to take effect
- A whole bunch of balance changes to make the debt crisis have a stronger effect at high levels.
- GDP has a more skewed impact on wages at a high level now.
- Slightly reduced the debt-immunity granted to the US due to being the worlds reserve currency.
- Fixed bug where sometimes clicking on buttons or other elements on the electioneering perceptions tab would fail.
- Bicycle subsidies and cycling campaigns reduce car and rail usage less in Canada, due to geography / temperature.
- Fixed tooltips slowly shrinking or being the wrong size in some circumstances.
- Steam friends average positions now show up on the compass at the main menu correctly.
- Fixed incorrect sizing of icons if you remove every policy in a policy area and also fire a minister.
- Fixed loading of translations for missions from a mod folder
- Added small Married Tax Allowance by default for Canada.
- Added information on voter sympathy groups to the policy screen minister tooltips.
- Election results now tints colors of absent voters to show who they leaned towards supporting.
- Fixed bug where some events would happen too often and some not at all.
- Added Italian Translation
- Altered mod support so that entire languages can be added as a mod.
- Achievements rebalanced and some bugs fixed that prevented triggering.
- Hyperinflation situation now has worse effect on Trade, plus upsets the wealthy and self employed.
- Added Italian translations for France,Germany and Canada missions.
- Fixed bug where changes to term length and limit may not be saved.
- Added option to disable political capital system entirely.
- Fixed issue where the new turn report did not remove a minister demand that had already been met that turn.
- Income from graduate tax now mostly dependent on education levels. Also high graduate taxes now reduce education.
- Improved the algorithm controlling global CO2 emissions over time.
- Banning Divorce, Legalizing sex work, and abortion policies now all also affect Gender Equality.
- Fixed bug where the campaigning ability indicator was missing on the minister details screen.
- Added new search bar for icons on the main screen triggered from new button at the top.
- Fixed anomlay where the back button did not launch the political capital spending confirmation on the policy screen.
- Added totally new voter analysis screen at the end of an election.
- Changed the way voters pick parties which should fix coalitions being so rare.
- Fixed crash bug when hitting the escape key while a drop down list was opened.
- Fixed very annoying bug where opposition party memberships/colors may have been swapped between turns!
- Fixed modding issue where names for ministers/voters did not load in correctly.
- Fixed crash on compass or load game screen where a save game existed from a modded country that has been uninstalled.
- Fixed offscreen input to average temperature.
- Fixed Speeches so that state employees and self employed can come up more often as a conflicting choice.
- Fixed crash bug when political capital is disabled and you reshuffle cabinet often.
- Fixed bug where reshuffling a minister, then reassigning them could result in a temporarily missing icon.
- Fixed some missing sound effects.
- Improved bottom section of election results screen so that you can see individual data for every party in 3 party elections.
- Fixed bug in the voting intentions chart which over-estimated the chances of people voting for the player in 3 party elections.
- New option: Mute (or not) when game loses focus to alt+tab.
- New option: cap (or not) to 60 FPS.
- Fixed text-wrap bug on political capital slider popup on policy screen in certain scenarios.
- Improvements to Italian translation.
- Fixed crash bug on multi party elections.
- Added new country: Australia!
- Faith School Subsidies now reduce teacher shortages situation.
- Speech animation now affected by UI animation speed slider.
- Hospital overcrowding slightly harder to trigger.
- Fixed bug where initial donors and ministers only had sympathy to the same 4 groups.
- Fixed glitch on assassination screen where icon backgrounds could be corrupted.
- Fixed bug where reshuffling a minister back into a different job could occasionally leave their icon offscreen.
- Average temperature (climate change effectively) now increases immigration when it gets really high.
- Slightly reduced impact on Liberals of internet censorship.
- Executive Term Length changes now have no implementation delay.
- Political capital screen now shows a tooltip to explain the political honeymoon.
- Oil drilling subsidies now reduce the number of environmentalists.
- Pollution has slightly less impact on growth of environmentalism.
- Reduced impact of executive term length on Liberals.
- Reduced impact of Private Prisons on Trade Unionists.
- Political honeymoon option now also starts the player with a short-term post-election happiness boost for all voters.
- Added tooltips to focus group perceptions/ministers etc to show exact values.
- Adjustments to the impacts of legalizing sex work and narcotics policies on organised crime.
- Media events that have been triggered now become available again 36 turns later.
- Third party now slightly less likely to get votes in a three party system.
- The Space Program policy now boosts internet speed at a high level due to satelite tech.
- Cyclones are now slightly more likely.
- Various Achievements made easier.
- Added new policy: Retirement Age.
- Donors will now quit if you implement a policy suggestion of theirs but later cancel it.
- Food Banks, Homelessness and Cyclones are now more easily triggered.
- Lots of adjustments to events to make rare events happen more often, and prevent the same ones happening too often.
- Cancelling a policy you pledged to cut now counts as a pledge honored, and vice versa.
- The political compass on main menu now has an option to show you this months average election victory locations for each country.
- Fixed Anything Goes achievement bug where the gambling requirement was inverted.
- Reduced the impact on minister loyalty of seeing a fellow minister fired from -10% to -6%.
- Germany: ID cards are now biometric from the start.
- Germany: Starts with higher technology colleges.
- Germany: Reduced strength of CCTV policy.
- Germany: Added Game hunting restrictions and right to privacy (GDPR).
- Germany: Added cultural boost to productivity.
- Germany: Boosted Labour laws strength.
- Added negative impact on corporate exodus when worker productivity is high.
- Germany: Added geographical reduction to traffic congestion.
- Germany: Added Bus Subsidies.
- Ctrl+f is now a shortcut to opening the main UI search UI or new policy search UI.
- Re-write of party loyalty and membership system to allow parties to adjust towards your position to win support.
- Policies can now be mutually exclusive, cancelling others when implemented, such as income tax and flat tax.
- UK: Now has Hybrid Car Initiative.