Changing Difficulty Levels?

Pardon me if this is a “novice question” - but how do you change difficulty levels?

I had assumed you click on one of the difficulty boxes in the Mission selection screen, but I can’t select any of them. The manual doesn’t mention which UI element switches the difficulty, either.

I seem to remember being able to switch difficulty before the latest update (1.56), but have no idea where or how I did it.

Kevin

Hello, Kevin, and welcome to the GSB forums. :slight_smile:

Here’s what to do:

1. From the Mission Selection screen, open the mission you wish to play by pressing “Deploy the fleet”. For now, ignore the worry that you’re committing yourself right away into doing battle – you’re not.
  2. The Ship Placement screen will open.
  3. At the bottom of this screen should appear three buttons: “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Expert”. These are what you’re searching for; click one of them. If you quickly toggle between them you should see the amount and placement of enemy units change noticeably. Note that an “Expert” enemy gets the benefit of a hidden deployment.
  4. After choosing what amount of force the enemy will have, go on designing and placing your fleet as you’d normally do.
  5. When ready to fight, just click on 'Fight".

Aha - it was a combination of two things: one, I couldn’t find it in the manual, and two - there is only one difficulty setting for the tutorial level (so no buttons at the bottom).

I tried launching a different mission, and the difficulty buttons were there on the bottom. Thanks!

You’re welcome. Remember: we’re all in this together. :wink: