Close to Desktop in Campaign

I’ve played a few hours into the campaign. Following a battle, the numbers at the top (income, crew, pilots, etc.) became garbled, like the program was printing several numbers on top of each other. Thereafter, clicking on next Turn causes a ctd. I don’t want to start over. Is there a cure?

check the Support forum.

I used to experience that problem, but thought it had been taken care of in the latest updates. At least it hasn’t happened to me in a while. What version are you running?

In any case, when that happens, the only way to get out of it is to edit the text file that contains the data for that particular campaign. In your documents folder you should find a sub-folder called My Games, and within that Gratuitous Space Battles. Inside that folder the path is /campaignprogress/name of your campaign/progress. In that file, using Notepad or another text editor, you will find that the cash and maintenance numbers have become garbled. If you remember approximately what they were before the error, simply edit them and save. Your game will now proceed using these numbers as the new baseline.

P.S. When this happened to me, I don’t think I was able to find any info on how to fix it
in the support forum.