Cluster Bombs Value Broken?

Why does banning Cluster Bombs lead to a 4% reduction in my GDP (US 2021)? Do Cluster Bombs make up $883.2 billion of the US Economy? Does that mean the US spends nearly 87% of its Defence Budget on Cluster Bombs and their support structure in one year? Judging by the value of the CBU-87 Combined Effects Munition (the only bomb that I know the value of at $14,000 per bomb, I tried getting the value of the other really common ones like ATACMS, CBU-100 and the rockets for the M26 MLRS system but I couldn’t). As seen here under “stockpiling”: the US has 99,282 active CBU-87 cluster bombs (20 million are the sub-munitions), roughly, each CBU-87 CEM costs $14,000, that would be equal to about $1.389 billion. But this number is fine, because the event is only about cluster bombs anyway. Let’s say that the support systems, logistics, delivery systems, etc. all combined are a liberal 10 times the value of the C-87s themselves. That would still be only ~$15.279 billion reduction in GDP in a year, that’s assuming that they all get decommissioned at the same time, including all the cost depreciation of their support systems. Let’s take $16 billion in 1 year. For argument’s sake, that would still be only, even with this liberal calculation, a reduction of 0.072% in one year! Removing only Cluster Bombs from our arsenal, should not make us bat an eyelid even, let alone cost us 4% of GDP! Ideally speaking, the support systems could be repurposed elsewhere, and only some of these would need to get destroyed in one year. Maybe 10%. $139-200 million worth of equipment and destruction would be <0.0008-9% of the US GDP for 2021!!! It might as well be 0!

1 Like

1 live equals 1 war bombs costing less

1 Like