Confessions of a GSB modder.

@ Hybrinoid

Thats is a shame, if you do remember the steps, please post them up
Maybe you could try to remember the steps by making another mod :stuck_out_tongue:

One thing i found amazing is that once you change one aspect of the game, it cascades thoughout all the files
You then begin to see how much thought and work cliffski has put into this game.

eh, the steps have something to do with changing the size first then saving, then changing the .png file to .dds or something. actually no i don’t think that’s it. it’s annoying really. :frowning:

Back at work today, i hope to finish off both sets of the Alliance Turrets today.
Currently 25% of the aliance turrets and Icons are finished . . only got 5 more races to go :slight_smile:
This would be so much quicker and easier if the boss was a GSB Fan.

But, since I love to mod GSB so much, I am going to make a mini-mod that is much easier to keep updated and balanced out. All the mod will be is a modification of the original ships to be more scaled and feel massive when put up next to each-other. I will modify the hard points, ship sizes, costs, and bonuses. VERY easy to maintain and add to. I will also make an add-on for the ORDER and TRIBE.

alimarin, if you want you, I can give you a head start for your mod

I have a miniGSB mod ready to go, I planed to release with when i finish my BigGunz Mod
I still have to finish the graphics for the BigGunz Mod and I am waiting for the next weapons balance for miniGSB

All MiniGSB does is shrinks a whole pile of things so other people can add Mega Battleships that will look . . Mega
I have reduced the following by 1/2

• Ship sizes
  • Weapon Ranges & Turret Sizes
  • Attack orders for missions (to use the reduced weapons ranges)

I posted about JSGME ages ago.

There is a big problem with JSGME and GSB, however. The trouble is that player ships and deployments break things when a mod is disabled.

Basically i planed to finish te mods (make sure they work etc) then addapt them to use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler,
From what i have read it was a straight forward process . . .

Tater - is the problem with JSGME and GSB related to the game crashing becase the modded content is removed
(ie player has ships with weapons that are no longer avaliable ?)

Yeah, exactly. You use a mod to perhaps create ships using novel modules, etc, and the new ships blow stuff up. If you made even a temp deployment with them, going to a mission does the same.

Well, for now i don’t have to worry about mods and conflicts . .
While my miniGSB mod is ready to go, the editing of the graphics for the bigGunz mod is taking ages !
(Rebels are done ! - one down 5 to go )

Well let’s see how long your motivation will last Darkstar :wink: You could create your own Topic and show some screens in a centralized place.

heheh, i am stuborn enough to finish this project, its just taking me awhile.
I am not as good as you with photoshop ( your Scavanger race is looking really great )
Once i have all the graphics for one of the races i will start a thread for the mod.
All i have to show for my efforts so far is a bunch of text files and some dds files . .