[Crash] Failed to initialise 3D Engine:..\src\Game.cpp 282

Hi, I originally installed and played GSB on my 1680 x 1050 Samsung LCD. Later, I switched to a Dell monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, then, after a while, I had to go back to my Samsung. Since then, I am unable to play GSB, since it tries to start in the 1920 resolution which my old monitor does not support, and I get the error from the topic.

I tried reinstalling the game, I tried manually sifting through game files to find an .ini file with settings. I even tried searching the registry for GSB entries, since the game must be keeping my settings somewhere even after an uninstall. Nothing helps. I am unable to play the game since it keeps crashing.

This is a sample of my errors file:

This is from drawdebug where you can see it still tries to set 1920 x 1080 even after reinstall:

Please tell me how to reset my resolution outside of the game so I can keep playing!

Never mind, I solved the issue. In case someone else gets in a similar position, go to …/Documents/My Games, look for GSB folder, and in there you will find a prefs.ini file. Open it in a text editor and set the resolution to whatever you need.