Crash when playing Tribe

I get an error when i play the first Tribe Mission.

3/12/2009 - 0::8 - ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 635

Here are all the sounds i have in my sound folder (not counting the music, because that was fine)

cruiser_autocannon.ogg
cruiser_beamlaser.ogg
cruiser_defencelaser400.ogg
cruiser_engine_drone.ogg
cruiser_howitzer.ogg
cruiser_proton_beam1500.ogg
cruiser_pulselaser1000.ogg
ecmbeam.ogg
ecmshock.ogg
explosion_destruction_cruiser1.ogg
explosion_destruction_cruiser2.ogg
explosion_destruction_fighter1.ogg
explosion_destruction_fighter2.ogg
explosion_destruction_fighter3.ogg
explosion_destruction_frigate1.ogg
explosion_destruction_frigate2.ogg
explosion_impact_cruiser1.ogg
explosion_impact_cruiser2.ogg
explosion_impact_cruiser3.ogg
explosion_impact_cruiser4.ogg
explosion_impact_fighter1.ogg
explosion_impact_frigate1.ogg
explosion_impact_frigate2.ogg
explosion_missile_destroyed.ogg
fighter_engine_drone.ogg
frigate_beamlaser_1000.ogg
frigate_beamlaser2_1000.ogg
frigate_cannon.ogg
frigate_pulselaser1250.ogg
fusion_torpedo2.ogg
gui_accepted.ogg
gui_beep1.ogg
gui_beep2.ogg
gui_beep3.ogg
gui_button.ogg
gui_error.ogg
gui_key.ogg
gui_mouseover.ogg
gui_selected.ogg
interstellar_gun_04.ogg
laser_gun_short_blast.ogg
laser_shot10.ogg
laser_turret_shot3.ogg
laser.ogg
laserblasts_crt05_06_1.ogg
laserblastshort_crt05_06__6.ogg
lightning1.ogg
lightning2.ogg
missile_launch.ogg
particle_canon.ogg
sci_fi_laser_gun_60799702.ogg
scifi_shot_v1.ogg
shields_fail.ogg
small_explosion.ogg
swarm_gun_08.ogg
tractorbeam.ogg
weap_laser_shot.ogg
weapon_laser_bur_ffx11009.ogg

am i missing something?

That is definitely all of them. Does it happen immediately, or only after a while?
The tribe fire their weapons pretty fast, its possible its overloading the sound system, but the error implies the file just isn’t there.
Are you counting files in both the original sounds folder and the new tribe-specific one? They should not all be in the same folder.

hmm? all my sounds were put in the original sounds folder… i’ll make a folder named tribe and put certain sounds in it. which ones should i put in it? BTW it happens after a while, when the confrontation first starts. i’m pretty sure it’s because of the tribe firing their weapons…

Are you on windows 7? or have anything else unusual about your system, because you seem to be having all kinds of unlikely problems that the majority of installs don’t have. there is just no way the installer could have picked another folder to put those files in.

actually, no… i didn’t want some things to be replaced (i didn’t want to take a chance with tribe) so i put the files in manually (by installing to desktop then put the files in) i thought that all sounds went in the same folder… oh well. plz just tell me which sounds go in the tribe folder… and where the tribe folder goes…

I really recommend uninstalling and reinstalling leaving the installer to pick the locations. That way it will definitely work.

yes, i have also decided that it would work. only one problem… HOW DO I REINSTALL IT?! I ordered the expansion pack by credit card. no email download link was sent or anything. it was all just one screen… the order screen. And, believe it or not, all the cash i have is unavailable. :frowning:

you will still have the original installers from where you downloaded them, unless you have specifically deleted them. You can just run those again. You should also have emails with download links in, its worth checking they haven’t shown up in a spam folder.

i do? i’ll check… EDIT: HUGE thanks. it worked! :smiley: