Credit rating was downgraded... I have no debt

1 Like

I’ve had few weird credit rating events too, it’s not always clear why it’s happened and often it is immediately reversed on the next turn.
I’m guessing something has changed ‘under the hood’ between Democracy 3 and 4 that is throwing the system off somehow.

Edit:
Perhaps it could be related to the recent increase in spending?

1 Like

The fact that my credit rating is still not AAA and I’ve just paid off $2 trillion in debt… it shouldn’t matter how much spending goes up if my debt is gone and I still have a $20b+ surplus

2 Likes

I agree, I wasn’t saying it should work like that, I’m just theorizing why it could be like that.

Same thing happens to me. As soon as I pay off the debt my credit rating is immediately downgraded from AAA to AA. After a few turns it goes back up to AAA again.

Interesting.

Here is how it works:

• Credit checks only happen every 6 months ( every other turn).
  • The game looks at the ratio of debt to GDP to get a ‘debt risk’
  • We then look at the current balance to debt to get a deficit ratio
  • We then subtract a scaled multiplier of the deficit ratio from the debtrisk
  • We then apply multipliers to the debt risk if there are any money-printing policies active.
  • That debt risk is compared to ratios for each of the ratings to determine the new rating.

Sounds like we may have a bug in there. Would love to see a save game (plz email to cliff AT positech dot co dot uk, found in \my documents\my games\democracy 4\savegames).
I have a suspicion that we have some double negative nonsense going on thats flipping the numbers in super-cash-positive situations.

1 Like

Ok, thanks to some sample saves I think I have found the weird maths bug that in some situations results in stupid-seeming credit ratings :D. This should be fixed in build 1.04!

2 Likes

Thanks Cliff! Keep up the great work

1 Like