Current Work In progress

cool! :smiley:

Neat. Should make it possible to create novel scenarios.

Could you add an ammo count for missiles, even if the default is “-1” or whatever you’d use for “no limit?”

That is a separate issue, with potentially huge balance issues, but certainly something I am mulling over.

Yeah, that’s why I was suggesting an implementation that would not affect current balance. Set it up, then set the stock game such that there is no ammo count (infinite).

Perhaps if the module description value for ammo_count defaults to “infinite” unless overwritten with a new value. Ie: no value in the module text means infinite, any integer value there overrides infinite with the new value.

That way we could mod it, and you’d get to see it in action before all the work of balance testing.

Supply limits… what a beard stroking addition! The time to complete many missions will now be greater than 5 minutes!! Less reconstructing the previous mission’s super fleet and more thoughtful design. The supply list needs to be easily accessible from the deployment screen.

However!, how will ship designs work? I don’t want to have a mammoth list of mission designs, each set being for one mission. And then a further set of designs for challenge mode. It will be a complete mess. We will need more control over ship design filtering.

Editor, currently for me to set supply limits for a few scenarios, eventually will be worked into the post challenge / customise map screen

cool! finally, the start of a full scenario editor… :smiley:

A full scenario editor, complete with supply limits, would be a superb addition indeed. Might I also suggest allowing scenario designers to alter the shape of deployment zones? It’d be interesting to have challenges that have very shallow but wide deployment zones that actually force players to spread their fleet out (all in the name of more gratuitous spectacle, of course).

yeah, that’s what i was thinking. :smiley:

This shows screens from the inter-player messaging stuff for the next patch…

cool! …how many times have i said that now? xD

Ace! Looking forwards to this.

Can you make it so that when you send a message, it sends your deployment as a challenge? That would simplify sending a ‘response’ greatly.

And can you make it so the message is labeled with the details of the challenge was a response to, so you know what they’re talking about? :slight_smile:

What cool news! Thanks for the sneak peek, cliffski. Inter-player msgs is a very promising development. Looking forward to that next patch. :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on a custom challenge/scenario editor, which will probably go in the same patch, unless it looks like it will take ages. There are a number of areas I’m expanding the game into, and I’m basically seeing what bits people use and enjoy, and what bits go ignored.

I must say, it’s awesome watching the game grow like this. Very inspiring.

And on a related note… Pretty please can we have seperate min and max range sliders on the attack orders please :smiley: Judging by the number of times this comes up in various threads, I think it’s something lots of people would use and enjoy, and the lack of it is certainly not being ignored. :smiley:

The current Work-In-Progress custom-challenge editor:

ok, WAAAAAAAAY more than a start now… :open_mouth:

Hi,
Cliffski it seems you are really working hard and your afford are seen.
I am waiting to play new modules.They really look nice.Great work man,keep it up.

pretty much what shaily said exept replace afford whit efforts.

Just a quick post here in case people don’t know about the blog:
http://www.cliffski.com
Which has most of the up-to-date information on progress on the game. Here is what is currently being worked on, so you know the game is still being improved:

1. Bug fixes and tweaks. There are some minor bugs, and issues, which are currently being fixed. The main one is a startup hang for some people. I have a few players trying out fixes for this. I’m also tweaking the performance of the game when I spot things that are not optimised.
    There will be a patch version 1.31 soon(ish) and it will address these bugs, and pave the way for 2)

2. A new race expansion. This is in development, and still a while off. it will be similar to The Tribe, in that there will be a new race, with it’s own quirks, and some new backgrounds. It’s likely this will also introduce asteroid belts as a purely visual spangly backdrop effect, and radiation guns as a new weapon

3. Longer term stuff. This is the campaign mode, which is a big deal, even though the campaign itself is pretty simple. There is a lot of work involved in fitting a campaign ‘around’ the game, and the plan is to make campaigns easily moddable. This is a more long term project, but there is already a fair bit of work done on it. This will take a lot longer than the new race.

4. Future patches.
    There are a ton of other features and ideas I want to squeeze into the game, presuming that it continues to sell and I don’t have to panic and start mystery new game…