Current Work In progress

Here is another new feature, best explained as part two of this blog post:
(Module data comparisons)

positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/?p=552

Now, sir, you are talking my language. Not that I mind making handwritten lists of all the various stats of a given module so I can bring another one up on screen and do comparisons (OCD can be fun that way), but that will make comparing things like “Two Power Gen II, or one each of I and III?” a lot smoother.

Keep up the marvelous work!

yep, less clicky and muttering trying to remember some stat or the other

Oh, I never mutter. One of the side effects of living alone is that I can speak full volume when messing about with games. Kind of a shame I don’t have an audience sometimes …

New challenge details screen:

large:
http://www.positech.co.uk/blog/challenge_details.jpg

Ooooh, very nice. Does one have to download the challenge before details will display, or can you go through the challenges on the list to find one that sounds palatable before choosing to download it? Too many challenges sound halfway interesting from the title, then I download, take one look and say “Ummm … no. Next.”

That is all done without downloading the actual gsb, although it does have to grab the jpg for the preview, so there is still a tiny delay.

The delay isn’t so much of an issue, I’m just OCD about having stuff downloaded to my machine that makes me Ewww.

So, squeeee!

:wink:

Some more new stuff underway:
positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/?p=594

Oooh, sweet. Imagine, now when I name a bunch of fighters “Azure squadron”, they will actually behave like a well-disciplined squadron of pilots!

Cliff, you be the greetest. :slight_smile: Keep the hits a-rolling.

Tease Tease…

Is that fighter in the bottom left damaged or does it have an assymetrical design like the order?

Ooh, very nice. I like the overall “raptor” feel of this ship. Now my spine itches to know more, more, more!

Nah, it’s damaged :smiley:

work in progress campaign game UI

Oh Cliff, you incorrigible tease!!

Very nice indeed. Even though I’m not sure exactly what is what, I’m pretty jazzed. Proof that sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words (since I’ve been somewhat ambivalent about the “campaign mode” for awhile now).

Holy cow! Campaign! That is thing what could be super cool and give more life to this game. Oh dear i dreamed that thing for this game. And get updated game for old master piece “Master of Orion 2”. But… So…Can we play campaign with other player? Or is it only for single game mode?

Keep up the good work!

I don’t think it’s a story-driven campaign, more of a… Galactic Conquest-type of mode. Correct?

is there an ETA for the campgain yet?

I think he said june/july.