Current Work In progress

THAT SOON!?

F**K YEAH!

Woah. A campaign will make single player much more interesting. Is this gonna be a dlc or will it be included with future patches?

Stated on many occasions that it’s going to need to be paid DLC to cover associated costs.

Then I’m going to buy it when it’s released. That’s gonna be awesome!

taken from cliff’s blog that kinda concerns me…

r we basically gonna b fighting challenges from other players?

thats not much fun at all…

The fleets are player designed, and the ships yes. But the AI decides where and when to attack or defend, and with what size fleet etc.

Given the complexity of GSB, I would prefer player-fed designs over random ones. You can’t just throw modules on a hull and pull up a winner - it would be a dead-easy game.

That said, I hope there is a way to flag, block or filter out the spammy crap some people post. I hope I never see an all-fighter challenge in the campaign - this isn’t Ender’s Game.

That the ships we meet are player designed actually leaves me out of it. I would have bought it if there was an option to only face the ships that comes with each race naturally, the ones you meet in the pre-made scenarios. Or at least if I had some guarantee as to what type of ships and quality of ships I would be facing.

But just random, player designed ships? No. Not for me.

Are you sure that won’t be an option? I haven’t seen Cliff state that you have to use community ships, and no one else has a copy of the game yet.

Player-created ships are often harder than the stock mission ones, so my chief concern (other than spam) with community ships is their level of difficulty.

Read Cliff’s blog from today - it may change your mind:

positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/?p=746