Custom Bullet Textures

im excited because i can ust the double bullet texture (or even tripple!) without people complaining! yay!

CptFox - with this new development you can use your ideas for your Zombie mod :slight_smile:

Yes i was also thinking of using a sort of fist bullet dds so that the normal zombies look like there actually punching the enemy’s ships!

:open_mouth:
I think that i have the PERFECT bullet for you!! :smiley:

I have the same idea fo melee weapons of The Plague, but i was going to use only the basttexture, as a claw scratch, so when they get closer, pew!

I’m sending the Fx to you, maybe you found it useful ^^

That’s awesome thanks xD my classified will enjoy using them ;D

the ability to edit and make our own bullet textures is in no uncertain terms completely and utterly amazing, incredible, and in short…EPIC.

Cliffski, you have my sincere thanks.

now that youre adding this, is it possible for you to add multiple effects per turret?

like you did with the sound effects?

texture = "mynewbullets.dds" color = 1,2

that way, if we make custom bullets and have one that is a bit to the left and one to the right, we could have double barrel guns that fire in sequence!

hope i explained good enough :confused:

In the new epoch of modding gsb i feel the need to mention this.
SHURIKENS (ninja stars) FIRED OUT OF AN AUTO CANNON!
AMAZING!

Its plasma you want to use for shurikens, that way they spin :wink:

good point. in this new epoch of modding gsb…
SHURIKENS (ninja stars) FIRED OUT OF A PLASMA CANNON!

Yeah, but i dont know if Cliff will include plasma weapons in the custom textures . . …

It’s a hope to hold onto. I actually like the plasma texture just fine, but I want to make special plasma weapons that shoot different-colored plasma balls. Bright blue, green, purple … ooh, pretty.

Cliff said he will make bullet custom textures, not plasma, so i guess plasma and missiles will need to wait (i hope im wrong). About shurikens, even u can use plasma to simulate the shuriken spin (and that is not a “spin” actually), u will get better results just using bullet weapons and a perfect shuriken bullet sprite. It will not spin, but the final look will be better.

But, these are not just any old shurikens.
These are [size=120]SUPER[/size] RASENSHURIKENS[size=80] RASENSHURIKENS[/size][size=60] RASENSHURIKENS[/size][size=40] RASENSHURIKENS[/size][size=20] RASENSHURIKENS[/size]

On closer inspection, you can see they need some polishing, but the concept works fine :slight_smile:

Oh gawd, those are the super rasengan shuriken, Naruto will be proud xD. U did that with a custom plasma texture?? how it works in -game??

Yeah, its a custom plasma sprite and it works rather well in the game, they spin (kinda) even when the game is paused XD
However we would need cliff to modify the game code so we can use custom plasma sprites or it will effect all weapons.
Maybe there is hope since the parasites have a rapid fire plasma weapon - we just have to wait and see i guess

No, i dont like the actual plasma texture, cuz i cant make custom Starfleet Photon Torpedoes (in which weapon is based the actual GSB plasma weapon) ._. , i mean the actual plasma texture is a universal one plasma texture, but imagine u can just modify every frame of the plasma texture, that will be just epic (i guess will be not using bullets anymore lol).

After all of this, we only need firing arcs on the weapons. Sadly i guess this will never happen (maybe in GSB 2? lol)

MY GAWD!!!

Yeah, it seem to generate that reaction doesn’t it
( i thought the same thing when i first saw it work :stuck_out_tongue: )

so… these should work now, in build 1.57

just add

bullet_texture = “mytexture.dds”

to any module you want to use them.