Deleting ship designs crashes campaigns

If you start a campaign and create some ships, then delete one of the designs, the game will crash. On next startup, the campaign won’t load, error message “There were problems encountered loading data for this campaign game. Sorry!”. Can you add an function that scrubs these ships from the campaign?

version 1.50 full

errors.txt

27/11/2010 - 0::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignShip.cpp,linenum:553,build:Full 1.50
27/11/2010 - 0::41 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\SIM_CampaignShip.cpp,linenum:553,build:Full 1.50

debug.txt

[code]----DEBUG FILE----
Windows 7 detected
GSB Debug File. App version Full 1.50
Desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050
Initialising Direct3D
Initialising global vertex buffer
creating render targets
success in initialising 3D
Checking for application update
Start of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
End of SIM_Internet::OpenLink
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\jc\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp230.html)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile ends
Up to date

response,false,
Initialising Direct Input
Finished Initialising Direct Input
Initialising Sound Engine
Initialised Sound System with 512 channels

Finished Initialising Sound Engine
gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmymessages.php?&username=bolgimo&id=0702-6573-5751-1&lastmessageid=0
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\jc\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/messages.txt)
SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\jc\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp656.html)
response,true,

message,

Ship Design not found ->tribec dove laser fighter:…\src\SIM_ShipDesign.cpp 651

SIM_Internet::DownloadFile(C:\Users\jc\Documents/My Games/GratuitousSpaceBattles/web/tmp748.html)
response,true,

message,

[/code]

It would be possible, definitely, but it might be inadvisable, or at least should tell you what happened. The problem is, by deleting a ship ‘in use’ the campaign is effectively scrambeld, you would lose ships, maybe even fleets, and thus possibly entire planets or maybe theoretically lose the entire campaign (if that’s all you had). So from a practical point of view, that campaign is likely unplayable at that point anyway.

Fair enough! i’ll refrain from deleting ship designs. How about a ‘Rename ship design’ function instead?

Or a deactivate ship design that removes it from the build options?

yeah also sort and filter options too, eg by name, class, hull, design last built, speed