Democracy 3 official modding guide

I have tried to create a mod, adding a new country. I followed some youtube guides and the official one, but my game crashes eveyrtime I press play on my mod. I can play all countries exept for my own mod. Other mods works fine, any tips? I publushed the current version of my mod on Steam Workshop, but it only crashes the game.

1 Like

check the characters being used, some mac characters are special versions of generic ones (quotes come to mind) and you have to play with the settings to prevent the mac from converting the generic ones to these when saving. i’d create a backup of a csv file that you can play and then open and save the file to see if the mac is converting characters and causing the crash. if so i’d search the forums or the net for how to fix such an issue (i don’t have a mac, but know of the issue). i don’t know if you could do a find and replace thing with those files to change those characters, you may have to do it manually after changing the settings.

1 Like

Hi all,

Is there any logic to what the gdp size numbers equate to? is it percentage of GDP or formula? This will help in ensuring economy sizes are accurate

UK
min_gdp = 800000
max_gdp = 2400000

1 Like

How do you create a compass?

2 Likes

Hello Marius,

Did you find what the problem was? i haveing the exect same issue.

Thank you.

Editing:

After few hours of debuging i found that the issue was inside the State config file that inside its own state folder, had some special character under some statistic info under the [stats] tab.

Hope it’ll help somebody else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good question, maybe D4 will allow that?!

1 Like