I am currently working on a new Fan-made ModAPI for democracy 3. This comes from how I find it to take quite a lot of time to make mods, so I made a SQL/XML inspired unique format called WRK, specifically for this game.
Here is a sneakpeak of the current version:
The end goal would to be have an easy to work with Work-Directory, and you simply run a .jar file to compile or decompile mods between the game files and your mod files.
means unsure if it is needed.
means currently worked on.
- compile policy CSV files into WRK format
- compile policy WRK ifles into CSV format
- compile into core-game files.
- sort WRK output by category and mod.
- Implement situations
- Implement simulations
- Implement votergroups
- Implement relative values (Such as: Income is half of Income tax’s base value)
- In-depth error detection to better tell the modder what is wrong
- Allow total potential in overwriting or deleting gamedata.
- Merge / Warn name conflicts
- Allow conditional changes (Changes depending of a mod or DLC is enabled)
Ideas and feedback is encouraged.
I’ll release an early version as soon as I have what I deem a stable build.