Dictatorship not entirely dictatorship

Hi community and Cliff, I’m playing with Italy by making a communist dictatorship. I suddenly lost popularity and was in my sixth term (a term lasts 7 years with my law change) and subsequently I lost the election. It is not possible in a dictatorial context because your party with fraud or not must win. So to fix this, which in my opinion is a bug, I propose either the stardand arrangement which would prevent you from losing popularity if the value of democracy is less than 50% or at an advanced arrangement ie in the “electoral campaign” there must be a card called “Elections” which is activated only if democracy is less than 50% with which there must be two options such as perception (set for example jogging, karate with the armed forces …) which will be these:

1. Make your party unique: it will cancel the other parties by putting 100% the opinion of the people in your party

2. Electoral fraud: This option will make you win the election with 20 or 30% more than the opposition. This action could trigger a situation called “election protests” which, however, have a rarity of 50% so at 50% it may not be activated.

In both options, especially the first, a “resistance” will be created either as a negative situation or as an increase in hatred towards you by certain terrorist groups.

That was all, I hope if it’s a bug it’s fixed.
If you have things to say, tell me too Cliff! :slight_smile:

See you later!!!

Franztroll
3 Likes

I do quite like the idea of making it impossible to lose if you get Democracy low enough! Altho, perhaps it should be harder to reduce democracy to that point? Or maybe make Assassinations more likely the lower Democracy is?

3 Likes

Interesting idea. I fully support this being a feature. However, this can also be countered by for example, becoming a survielance state.

3 Likes

True, but that makes it a problem that can be interacted with. I phrased it quite poorly when I said you should never be able to lose with high corruption/low democracy. Instead, you should have to work on keeping yourself safe thru surveillance policies and the like. If you don’t, your dictatorship becomes a crutch as you’re more likely to be assassinated.

2 Likes

I do think there is a lot fo scope for expanding on stuff like government corruption and elections, but I would rather do it as a whole large contained project and do a good job, than just add bits of it during Early Access. We do not currently have stuff like changing who can vote, or whether voting machines are used, postal ballots, or laws around whether overseas citizens can vote, if voter-ID is needed…
There is a lot of scope to enable the player to cheat elections!

2 Likes

Ok, in future you and the your crew can make a DLC for the dictatorship [add dictatorship laws (segregation,freedom of opinion, ect…) add dictatorship dilemmas, etc…) when the game isn’t in early access?

1 Like

That certainly would give me scope to do a really decent job of it :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m very happy of this! :slight_smile:

1 Like