Different Voting Systems

Would be nice to have several different voting systems to implement through policy. Should influence election results.

Thanks!

This has been suggested before, but Cliff’s position on this, as far as I know, is that it is too complicated to implement, especially with all the other work he has on his hands right now. And as with other suggestions for an increase complexity, Cliff’s other concern is that it may scare away the casual players, and he would like to leave such complexity to the modding community, so that it’s optional. One work around to this, that I proposed is a simple gameplay v complex gameplay option in the settings. Although I imagine that this would also add quite considerably to his workload.

1 Like

Fair point. I figured it would complicate the math behind election results, but I thought I’d throw it out there as a suggestion. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

We could at least add a voting system policy option that would have consequences on popularity and voter participation, which would influence election results without complicating the math behind them too much. Just a thought for the list of potential improvements.

2 Likes

Hmm…maybe, it could function as a policy which boosts democracy. But it’s already ridiculously easy to max out democracy.

2 Likes